A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

So EX3 is probably around $160 million or so worldwide?

Yes or a bit better.

Grrrr, Apes in front of Ex3 ;). But nice numbers for both!

Only to be prepared, I heard that Apes and Ex3 have a good WOM in China but despite that we should expect big drops tomorrow, no?

Are 3M a good start for Divergent?

So EX3 is probably around $160 million or so worldwide?

Need for speed was making $160 million oversea, so if u compare country by country to need for speed, ex3 will get at least $160-165 mills outside the US ( assuming $60 mills frm china ). So $160+$40 (domestically), i'd say ex3 is locked $200 million mark.

Ex 1 made $175 mills internationally. A big jump frm $32 mills frm ex 1 to $60 mills for ex 3 in china. Japan will add around at least $7-8 mills. Internationally thanks to china, ex 3 will be pretty close to ex 1 number.

Edited by Andy001
  • Like 1

Not that I mean to question people but even on this site the article for China says.

The Expendables 3 has earned a solid $33.5 million from just seven days of release in China

And you guys are sure that's actually supposed to be six days and not seven?

Even BO.com just reports the OS weekend data from Rentrak. Rentrak also gave a $72M cume for DOTPOTA. It seems that either Rentrak got underestimated numbers, or they got data that only went up to Saturday. I have no idea which it is.When the China weekly report comes out, we'll get more accurate gross.

Edited by TServo2049

Thanks for the answers :).

Not that I mean to question people but even on this site the article for China says.

The Expendables 3 has earned a solid $33.5 million from just seven days of release in China

And you guys are sure that's actually supposed to be six days and not seven?

Yes, because this china boxoffice forum is always right ;).

Probably it's the second possibility. I think like Super Girl said, they just had no numbers for Sunday both for the Apes and Ex3. That's almost exactly what is missing.

If google translation worked fine I understand that there was some data crush during this weekend in China. And the system's  not completely recovered even by now. Entgroup released wrong numbers, they came to various english web sites and so on. 

Yes.  You are right!  There was some data crush during this weekend in China this is why Entgroup numbers are wrong!