Friday est

Mermaid:47.1M/3005
TMK2:14.4M/1112M
CHTD2:10.1M/208M

LoS: 9.7M OD
Macau 3:9.2M/1062M
Left Behind:7.6M OD
KFP3:4M/952M

Tomorrow KFP3 will be the alltime animation number 1.

Poor achievement.

Edited by efialtes76

6 hours ago, Olive said:

Friday est

Mermaid:47.1M/3005
TMK2:14.4M/1112M
CHTD2:10.1M/208M

LoS: 9.7M OD
Macau 3:9.2M/1062M
Left Behind:7.6M OD
KFP3:4M/952M

Fantastic!! It should do 80M+ and 60M+ for Saturday and Sunday respectively.

It should hit $500M next weekend.

9 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

That still hasn't been proven, Ex-Korean Boy-band Chinese stars have ALOT of online fans, be it on weibo or tieba, but they are unable to carry a movie by themselves, look at Han Geng... 
I haven't seen Kris Wu carry a film himself, so don't get in over your head yet. =/

Since 2008, action movies by Donnie Yen are at least 100m Yuan, and now in 2016 his movies are at least 200m Yuan, no matter how bad the script, WOM or marketing..no matter what the competition or how weak the overall month for Box Office.

I don't think Kris can bring in that time of box office at a consistent basis  yet.. We are talking about carrying a film singlehandedly, without a famous director or other cast members here.

I mean I like Kris Wu, he is not like the other teen pop idols because he works harder, has better acting, more dedicated but to say he is a bigger draw right now is just... LOL.

Don't get me wrong, I like Donnie too. I'm a fan. But I have a different opinion about this that would take some explanation and I don't think this thread is the place for it so let's just agree to disagree.

9 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

That still hasn't been proven, Ex-Korean Boy-band Chinese stars have ALOT of online fans, be it on weibo or tieba, but they are unable to carry a movie by themselves, look at Han Geng... 
I haven't seen Kris Wu carry a film himself, so don't get in over your head yet. =/

Since 2008, action movies by Donnie Yen are at least 100m Yuan, and now in 2016 his movies are at least 200m Yuan, no matter how bad the script, WOM or marketing..no matter what the competition or how weak the overall month for Box Office.

I don't think Kris can bring in that time of box office at a consistent basis  yet.. We are talking about carrying a film singlehandedly, without a famous director or other cast members here.

I mean I like Kris Wu, he is not like the other teen pop idols because he works harder, has better acting, more dedicated but to say he is a bigger draw right now is just... LOL.

Don't get me wrong, I like Donnie too. I'm a fan. But I have a different opinion about this that would take some explanation and I don't think this thread is the place for it so let's just agree to disagree.

9 hours ago, Gokai Red said:

Does The Mermaid have enough gas in the tank to pass TDK's $534.9m? Or will it probably end below that? Either way, this is a remarkable run and we're truly entering a new box office era.

I don't think so, Ip Man 3 and Zootopia open next Friday will hit it hard.

$520M is the ceiling.

• Like 2

On 26/2/2016 at 11:35 AM, efialtes76 said:

Maoyan 18:30

Mermaid:31.28M(+12.4%)...3B today.

LoS:9.67M

TMK2:8.8M(+4.2%)

CTHD2:6.31M(-15.5%)

Macau 3:5.41M(-12.3%)

Left Behind:4.92M

KFP3:3.44M(+1%)

Saturday 18:30

Mermaid:54.41M(+73.9%)

TMK2:16.03M(+82.1%)

LoS:11.37M(+17.6%)

KFP3:9.41M(+173.5%)

CHTD2:8.99M(+42.5%)

Macau 3:8.64M(+59.7%)

Left Behind:5.79M(+17.9%)

• Like 2

Who is Donnie Yen ? a super kung fu star, one of the biggest Chinese movie actors ever, one who has already achived his position in the history of Chinese film (华语片). He is in the neigbourhood of such screen legends as Jackie Chan, Jet Li and Chow Yun-fat.

Who is Kris Wu ? a teen idol who just broke out three years ago but is ascending to be one of the most promising Chinese A-list movie actors of the next generation.

Kris Wu is almost 30 years younger than Donnie Yen ... in a few years in the future, maybe Wu will be as big a movie star as Yen has been, but at the moment Yen definitely is the bigger figure and a bigger draw in big movies: if you aee doing a rom-com, a bestseller adaptation (Sweet Sixteen) or a local tentpole with the best behind-the-scene team (JTTW2), you cast Kris Wu; if you are doing an original action thriller, a Fast Furious, a Mission Impossible, a Star Wars, you cast Donnie Yen.

Good news for Kris Wus, they have just caught up with the best time—a real, and enormous, Chinese film industry is about to come, such a bright future ahead. While old guys like Yen and Li will finally, and inevitably step down.

• Like 3