A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

1 hour ago, TigerPaw said:

Alot of it is fudge and fake box office from his own theater chain.

i see kung fu yuga 

this is one of the best chan movie 

action

Comedy

fun

and very very very good  kung fu from jackie chan 62 Year 

and not any fudge this film 

1 hour ago, ahadm8888 said:

i see kung fu yuga 

this is one of the best chan movie 

action

Comedy

fun

and very very very good  kung fu from jackie chan 62 Year 

and not any fudge this film 

You again.... Jackie Chan is now..just a fake who fudge his box office. I used to be a big fan.

Thursday estimates

before service charges
xXx  -  38m / 708m
La La Land  -  12.5m / 105m
Kung Fu Yoga  - 9.8m / 1,563m
Duckweed  -  9m / 903m
Love Contractually  -  5.2m / 42m
Revenge for love  -  4.5m / 42m
JTTW2 - 2.8m / 1,542m
Cook Up a Storm  -  2m / 106m

after service charges
xXx  -  41m / 739.7m
La La Land  -  13m / 110m
Kung Fu Yoga  - 10.5m / 1,640m
Duckweed  -  9.6m / 949m
Love Contractually  -  5.5m / 44m
Revenge for love  -  4.9m / 44m
JTTW2 - 3m / 1,621m
Cook Up a Storm  -  2.3m / 111m

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, Bonenash said:

hey guys

I can not imagine what Avatar 2 wil rake in China lol the first did 180M+ in 2010 ..... and the 2 will be out in 2019 in china 9 years of inflation and screens added my god the numbers... Gavin fmpro your serious pronostic?

I'm still not sold on the huge hundreds of million $ increase for Avatar 2 just because of inflation and added screens..

Avatar 1 was a one of a kind phenomenon and non of the sequels will come close to the original DOM.. But it will increase in China no doubt..

Its a really really tough one to predict this far out without seeing anything but my best guess is 350-450 mill $ or 2,5-3B Yuan

That number is just what's estimated to be fudged from his cinema chain and doesn't account for the other ways of fudging, like ghost screenings and the like. Jackie fans will defend it though so there's no use talking about it. 

How much is the estimated final gross for xXx? And ouch at The Game Changer flopping hard and getting awful reviews. Peter Ho needs to choose better projects.

Edited by Polaroids

Lmao... but all these movies have evidence of ghost screenings and fudging a little.  If there weren't more ppl watching kungfu yoga it's numbers wouldn't have been rising so much.  I agree fudging is a problem but movies can't just fudge their way to number 1, especially since it started at a lower share of screens

9 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

How big was the fudge?100M of 1.7B?

It is not about the amount.

It is the fact that the fudge made the per-screen average higher than most CNY release and audiences seeing the "inflated" box office online... thought that the WOM must be good and they are missing out something and all started watching it.

Jackie Chan ignited the fudge flame, fake a little and let the public think his film is doing well with less showtimes.. and then his fans started posting per screen average numbers and it leading the daily BO..and BAM.. ppl think its WOM and all flock to the movie.

Its not the Absolute fudge amount, it is the impact of seemingly better per screen average hence WOM in the first few days that led to a Ripple effect.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, applek said:

Lmao... but all these movies have evidence of ghost screenings and fudging a little.  If there weren't more ppl watching kungfu yoga it's numbers wouldn't have been rising so much.  I agree fudging is a problem but movies can't just fudge their way to number 1, especially since it started at a lower share of screens

Check out previous post.

The fudge did that. Made ppl think it is winning despite less screen counts and inflated per screen average... making ppl curious and think its good WOM.

It is not the absolute fudge amount that matters but the huge ripple effect.

Haha. And you know what is the saddest thing? This is a box office forum and I feel pathetic seeing you guys defending fudge and pretending its impact is minimal. You guys do know you guys ae defending an action that lacks integrity right? 

Btw. This is exactly what Jackie Chan expects. He gets the crown, people forget how he got it. "Its all about the end goal, got CNY box office champ, no one cares about that little bit of fudge or the integrity as part of the process. Its all about the end"

You guys are playing according to what his theater chain wants you to do. Defend him and forget about the fudge.. go on. Feel good about it and like each other's posts as encouragement of defending the lack of integrity. :/

• Like 2

So funny to read this, talking about intagrity and not seeing fact as facts. The bais is just real here. Yeah Jacky Chan fudged, but no way 3.5M yuan on 150M yuan is enough to make people believe a movie has good WOM with 145M yuan it still would have had the same effect. So yeah it's bad what he's doing, he's clearly wrong. But saying the fudge of 5M yuan on 150M yuan is the reason people checked it out is absurded and just plain out stupid. Please people get you head out of your asses and think before saying things. I am not siding with anyone, both people are in the wrong, fudging is terrible but so is making fake asumpions based on baised. 

53 minutes ago, pepsa said:

So funny to read this, talking about intagrity and not seeing fact as facts. The bais is just real here. Yeah Jacky Chan fudged, but no way 3.5M yuan on 150M yuan is enough to make people believe a movie has good WOM with 145M yuan it still would have had the same effect. So yeah it's bad what he's doing, he's clearly wrong. But saying the fudge of 5M yuan on 150M yuan is the reason people checked it out is absurded and just plain out stupid. Please people get you head out of your asses and think before saying things. I am not siding with anyone, both people are in the wrong, fudging is terrible but so is making fake asumpions based on baised. 

You have 0 idea what happens on Chinese forums when a movie has "supposed" high per screen average and closing BO gap with lower screen counts.

Jackie Chan fans have been using social media to push that per screen average (which is fake during start of CNY) to talk about WOM. Do you read chinese? Because the number of posts i read about per screen average/WOM on weibo/tieba/maoyan are just... countless.

Btw i am using my phone at work to reply so I cannot read well with all your spelling errors. And don't reply when you don't have to.

Edited by TigerPaw