A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

If we combine pre-sales of TASM and TDKR together, that will be about equal to TA's.So TASM/TDKR on the same day does hurt both by a LOT. Most audience have to make a choice between the two pics.

Wow, it's bad.The Avengers will beat them.

Well, here is another consideration, assuming average audience is stupid that they do not really know the difference between TDKR and TASM (or they dont even bother to know). So, they go to the cinemas, pick up one and watch it and then leave. They will just come back when there is another big movie. Actually average movie goers see TDKR and TASM as the same, since both are big superhero movies. My point is, (to average audience) what being released on August 27 are not two big superhero movies: Batman and Spiderman but either Batman or Spiderman or Some-whatever-man. So the worst case: TDKR + TASM = TA.

I once thought it would hurt both by about 30% released on the same day. But now I am afraid it can hurt them by at least 50%. TDKR and TASM on same day equals when only one of them gets released in terms of overal box office.

I'm predicting $80M for TDKR and $65M for TASM.Pre-sales seem weaker for them when compared to other blockbusters.

Again.. Like USA.. I think...Presales says very little sometimes..

Is the face-off scheduling gonna continue into 2013 as well?We could see another set of potential 100M grossers missing the mark if they are released against each other - Skyfall and TH1.

Edited by Fake