A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

On Teds notebook for F1 he said Chinese GP next year unlikely after China decided at the big party conference to stick to the zero covid policy. Could spell disaster for BA and especially Avatar but others who know about release dates over there will tell us what’s happening now.

• Knock It Off 1

On 10/26/2022 at 9:50 PM, Issac Newton said:

11/04 - Detective Conan: The Bride of Halloween Night

11/11 - Black Adam

11/18 - One Piece: Film Red

11/25 - Where The Crawdads Sing

All Dates following through the previous source that I took in account back in August. Nothing known whether they are approved or not.

Not really anything to worry since neither of them are product of Disney..

Legitimate is low, unless updated by Maoyan / Taopiaopiao Database or Official Weibo Account of respective distributor.

I'm not very updated about the release of Japanese movies in China but from what I remember there was no release for Evangelion and Jujutsu Kaisen right? And for Dragon Ball Super maybe it's just too soon and we have to wait a few months? 

4 minutes ago, MG10 said:

I'm not very updated about the release of Japanese movies in China but from what I remember there was no release for Evangelion and Jujutsu Kaisen right? And for Dragon Ball Super maybe it's just too soon and we have to wait a few months? 

Both EVA and JK couldn’t deal with censorship.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, MG10 said:

One of hilarious reason I remembered why Demon Slayer Mugen Train didn't get to entertain Chinese Audiences was because we practically killed a Nationalist/Patriotic Chinese Film from Topping Global Charts. The theme of 800 was dealing with Imperial Army in WW2, and getting defeated by Japanese Film is jzt more than enough humiliation for them.

Eva had much to do with Asuka Scene and that doesn't makes up much of the difference because STUDIO through of releasing in theaters after it was available in Amazon for almost a year.

Jujutsu Kaisen was much more to do with Taiwan recognition as "separate country" That just killed all the probability of releasing it, even if it was jzt a bare chance.

Dragon Ball barely will make up, rights are way too costly that makes One Piece more affordable as well as profitable.

• Thanks 1

Film Bureau will have a new leader who is seen as someone knows cinema. But observers don't think he will terminate the wilderness situation. People believe he will use his knowledge to create more propaganda films. More like a Kevin Feige of CCP.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Gavin Feng said:

Film Bureau will have a new leader who is seen as someone knows cinema. But observers don't think he will terminate the wilderness situation. People believe he will use his knowledge to create more propaganda films. More like a Kevin Feige of CCP.

And of course, most of those movies will be worse than Phase 4 of Marvel. Perhaps one or two could be good.

Edited by Gavin Feng

15 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Take his job, Gavin!

• Astonished 1

《黑寡妇》引进肯定没问题,毕竟之前漫威23部电影都引进了;

《尚气》引进肯定没问题,毕竟漫威总裁都专门发视频纠正辱华传闻了;

《毒液2》引进肯定没问题,电影局只是看漫威影业本部不爽,这是索尼的片子;

《蜘蛛侠:英雄无归》引进肯定没问题,毕竟有机会冲20亿,年底总要冲一冲大盘的吧;

《欢乐好声音2》引进肯定没问题,动画片那么人畜无害;

《壮志凌云2》引进肯定没问题,毕竟腾讯都投资了;

《刺猬索尼克2》引进肯定没问题,你看都官宣确定引进了;

《黑亚当》引进肯定没问题,得罪电影局的是漫威,DC这两年能上的都上了;

《阿凡达2》引进肯定没问题,

CC - @Gavin Feng @Olive

• Disbelief 1

On 4/7/2022 at 3:45 AM, Issac Newton said:

Ryoma is scheduled for Chinese Release. It made ¥510M in Japan. Will be distributed by Huxia Film. So far, no release date has been confirmed.

3c30cb2fgy1h0zt8hayomj20u0168h9g.jpg

Cleared Censorship in July, Supposed to be introduced in September 16, now scheduled for next week release.

I was expecting Conan/Red and uww what happened to get release now..

• ...wtf 1

31 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

《黑寡妇》引进肯定没问题,毕竟之前漫威23部电影都引进了;

《尚气》引进肯定没问题,毕竟漫威总裁都专门发视频纠正辱华传闻了;

《毒液2》引进肯定没问题,电影局只是看漫威影业本部不爽,这是索尼的片子;

《蜘蛛侠:英雄无归》引进肯定没问题,毕竟有机会冲20亿,年底总要冲一冲大盘的吧;

《欢乐好声音2》引进肯定没问题,动画片那么人畜无害;

《壮志凌云2》引进肯定没问题,毕竟腾讯都投资了;

《刺猬索尼克2》引进肯定没问题,你看都官宣确定引进了;

《黑亚当》引进肯定没问题,得罪电影局的是漫威,DC这两年能上的都上了;

《阿凡达2》引进肯定没问题,

CC - @Gavin Feng @Olive

If I may...

"Black Widow will certainly make its debut in China; after all, the previous 23 MCU movies have made it.

Shang Chi will certainly make its debut; after all, even Kevin Feige himself made a video to debunk the "insulting China" narratives,

Venom 2 will certainly make its debut; after all, China Film Bureau only had beef with Marvel Studios, not with Sony.

Spiderman: NWH will certainly make its debut; after all, it has a shot for 2b RMB, something that the market needs badly at this point.

Sing 2 will certainly make its debut; after all, it's a cute animation movie.

Top Gun 2 will certainly make its debut; after all, Tencent invested in the movie.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 will certainly make its debut; after all, its official account on Weibo has announced it. 

Black Adam will certainly make its debut; after all, it is Marvel whom China Film Bureau has beef with, but DC has had a good record the past two years.

Avatar 2 will certainly make its debut in China, "

Edited by LeoC
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, LeoC said:

If I may...

"Black Widow will certainly make its debut in China; after all, the previous 23 MCU movies have made it.

Shang Chi will certainly make its debut; after all, even Kevin Feige himself made a video to debunk the "insulting China" narratives,

Venom 2 will certainly make its debut; after all, China Film Bureau only had beef with Marvel Studios, not with Sony.

Spiderman: NWH will certainly make its debut; after all, it has a shot for 2b RMB, something that the market needs badly at this point.

Sing 2 will certainly make its debut; after all, it's a cute animation movie.

Top Gun 2 will certainly make its debut; after all, Tencent invested in the movie.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 will certainly make its debut; after all, its official account on Weibo has announced it. 

Black Adam will certainly make its debut; after all, it is Marvel whom China Film Bureau has beef with, but DC has had a good record the past two years.

Avatar 2 will certainly make its debut in China, "