Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

What are you talking about? Release dates, especially summer dates are claimed at least a year in advance. I don't know who claimed their date first, but NOBODY a year out was predicting TDK to open THAT big. It's easy in hindsight to say, that was a dumb idea, but there's nothing that can be done about it now.

Name an instance where a comic book movie have come out one week after another hellboy 2 wasn't going to be big regardless but universal gave it no chance and why a sequel will never be made

Del Toro has explained several times why we don't have Hellboy 3. It wasn't because Hellboy 2 underperformed - because it increased from the first.Remember, he also spent several years in the wilderness of in-development projects - At the Mountains of Madness, Pinocchio, The Hobbit, The Haunted Mansion.

Edited by TServo2049

Name an instance where a comic book movie have come out one week after another hellboy 2 wasn't going to be big regardless but universal gave it no chance and why a sequel will never be made

Do we even know who claimed their date first? You say they have it no chance, but releasing it on the middle of summer is giving it a big chance. You are too set on knowing what TDK turned out to be. Think about when this was announced and in development. Ledger was still alive and everyone doubted him as Joker. There hadn't been a trailer there was nothing about this movie that made anyone seem like it was going to do anywhere near as well as it did.
  • Like 1

That would be so ironic if WB/DC slated one of their DCU movie up against it so PR2 would suffer the same fate as HB2.

Unless it BvS2, MoS2, JL or Batman won't happen. Looking at that April date won't happen.

Edited by Neo

Of course its not a statistically valid survey because even with the 100 people he interacts with maybe 7 people even seen the movie.  And of course its possible that the people he knows that did not like the film are the only 3 people that felt that way.

That said there have been several people in this thread that have said similar.  I have a similar experience where I was the only one of my group that liked the first movie and I only know 1 other person that actually liked it enough to talk about seeing it.  Again we can all be isolated cases of people not liking the film.

But then you add that in with the okish opening despite a great date, 3D and Imax screen, its weak legs and a bit of underperformance on Disk sales it starts to paint a picture of not many people actually liking the film. 

2.7X is weak?

Del Toro has explained several times why we don't have Hellboy 3. It wasn't because Hellboy 2 underperformed - because it increased from the first.Remember, he also spent several years in the wilderness of in-development projects - At the Mountains of Madness, Pinocchio, The Hobbit, The Haunted Mansion.

He's not making Hellboy 3 because he can't get the budget he wants. So it has something to with the second's box office take. 

Yeah, I find it weird that he would suddenly need another $65m to make the third.

Maybe that just shows how big in scope he wants to make it. He must want it to be really huge if he needs that much more money for the budget.
  • Like 1

From what I've read,

Hellboy becomes the Beast of the Apocalypse, so he needs a bigger budget to show said apocalypse.

Perlman is also getting old. It'd be a shame if HB3 goes the way of King Conan or Evil Dead 4.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 3

I'm dreaming the situation is like Iron Man where the Jericho missile/pacific rim 2 is what the terrorists/studio wants tony stark/gdt to make but really he's building a super awesome suit of armor/hellboy 3 right under their nose. it's the only way to get it with the budget he wants, I guess.

You all know this well but it always needs reiterated, Hellboy II is incredible.

See, I think Hellboy 2 is really good and it looks fucking astounding.  But, the entire premise is hinged upon a really simple and silly plot devise that I can't really look past.

I'm dreaming the situation is like Iron Man where the Jericho missile/pacific rim 2 is what the terrorists/studio wants tony stark/gdt to make but really he's building a super awesome suit of armor/hellboy 3 right under their nose. it's the only way to get it with the budget he wants, I guess.

I would love another Hellboy, but I doubt that would happen at that price.  Unless PR2 increased significantly, which even I'm skeptical of.  

PR2 will have the advantage of an insane China gross, I don't know if China would be into another Hellboy, or if they ever were.