baumer

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2

41 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Posted Image

Nope. I am not.

I apologize.  Thought you were for some reason.  

Cool.  Another male who likes Twilight.  Welcome to the very small and exclusive club.  :)

Yeah, this is getting an F from me. My mom is obsessed with this series, and makes the family watch it. Every movie by this series gets an F for me, they are terrible. Ugh. This movie actually had the chance to be like a D rating since it at least offered a huge fight scene going to take place, but.....oh wait.......it was all fake. Never happened apparently....ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Not only does each movie suck, but they have you watch all 5 of these movies to get to the final showdown, and now that you have finally gotten there.....poof. Nothing happens. GTFOH.

• Like 1

Breaking Dawn 2 is the best in the series, I believe. It is incredibly faithful to the book up to a certain point. And then to paraphrase Spielberg, "I needed an ending that would leave the audience gasping. What Benchley wrote...Quint dying and the shark dying because of too many barrels in him, works for literature, but visually, you need something with more fire."Condon and Meyer provided that. I have always maintained that ending of BD is perfect as Meyer wrote the Volturi to be bastards and Draconian, but also very fair in some twisted kind of way. Aro, in the book, agreed that no laws had been broken and they left in peace at the end. But in the film, he leaves in peace after Alice fucks with his mind and shows him his demise. And Alice's visions are never wrong, so at the end, he has no choice but to leave. I like the book for sticking to the folklore of the Volturi, but I love the movie as well, because it gives you a visual treat, and one that I wasn't expecting to resonate so much with me. The final battle is simply awesome. People die that you don't expect and there are a disturbing amount of decapitations in here, enough that the pg-13 rating could have been in jeopardy.I've enjoyed the Twilight films first because of the story. I enjoy the conflict set up between Bella and herself, Bella and Jacob/Edward, The Cullens and the Volturi and all the folklore that goes with having a small town near S eattle that has werewolves and vampires living peacefully amongst the people. It's such an interesting dynamic and Meyer captivated me with that. Her visions, her thoughts and the direction she brought the story was truly an inspiration to me, an aspiring writer. Breaking Dawn sums it all up, brings the entire mythos together in one setting and then blows it all up with one final dazzling display of fireworks.On a personaly level, like Noctis with JK Rowling, I'd like to thank Meyer for writing such beautiful and exhilirating stories. I've enjoyed them immensely.9/10

I now realized that Baumer loves Bad movies.  :lol:

Quite possibly the funniest film of 2012.

I hear a lot of people talk about how the entire Twilight series is 'So bad it's good' but, after watching the first 4 films, I didn't see it. I just found them boring and stupid. This movie, on the other hand, was absolutely hilarious in how stupid it was. And I'm almost certain it was deliberate. It's obvious that the director and cast decided that, no matter what they do, Twihards will eat it up and everyone else will hate it, so they might as well have as much fun as possible.Hence, we get CGI baby, Bella eating a mountain lion, blank stares and stupid accents all round. Heck, they make Bella's blank stare into an actual superpower. And I think most of the film's 120 mil budget went on hair styles, rather than CGI. Also Martin Sheen gets away with D&D Jeremy Irons level overacting. I could listen to a loop of Aro's bizarre laugh for hours. 

All in all, a fantastic comedy.