baumer

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2

41 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Breaking Dawn 2 is the best in the series, I believe. It is incredibly faithful to the book up to a certain point. And then to paraphrase Spielberg, "I needed an ending that would leave the audience gasping. What Benchley wrote...Quint dying and the shark dying because of too many barrels in him, works for literature, but visually, you need something with more fire."Condon and Meyer provided that. I have always maintained that ending of BD is perfect as Meyer wrote the Volturi to be bastards and Draconian, but also very fair in some twisted kind of way. Aro, in the book, agreed that no laws had been broken and they left in peace at the end. But in the film, he leaves in peace after Alice fucks with his mind and shows him his demise. And Alice's visions are never wrong, so at the end, he has no choice but to leave. I like the book for sticking to the folklore of the Volturi, but I love the movie as well, because it gives you a visual treat, and one that I wasn't expecting to resonate so much with me. The final battle is simply awesome. People die that you don't expect and there are a disturbing amount of decapitations in here, enough that the pg-13 rating could have been in jeopardy.I've enjoyed the Twilight films first because of the story. I enjoy the conflict set up between Bella and herself, Bella and Jacob/Edward, The Cullens and the Volturi and all the folklore that goes with having a small town near S eattle that has werewolves and vampires living peacefully amongst the people. It's such an interesting dynamic and Meyer captivated me with that. Her visions, her thoughts and the direction she brought the story was truly an inspiration to me, an aspiring writer. Breaking Dawn sums it all up, brings the entire mythos together in one setting and then blows it all up with one final dazzling display of fireworks.On a personaly level, like Noctis with JK Rowling, I'd like to thank Meyer for writing such beautiful and exhilirating stories. I've enjoyed them immensely.9/10

• Like 4

I'll never watch this, but since it's not on Wiki yet: what was the ending of the book, why did have to change and what's the ending of the film now?

At the end of the book, Volturi (Sheen, Dakota,etc) who are,like, vampire government and police, come to Forks from Italy to judge and likely kill Renesmee. Because they believe she is so-called immortal child, a turned child who naturally won`t grow but due to being immature would be too instinct-driven and kill too many people thus proving to the world vampires exist. And Volturi want to keep that a secret. So, anyway, Cullen Clan gathers vamps form other countries to testify that the demon fetus who broke her mom`s spine while kicking in her womb is totally harmless to humans and vamps alike. Cause she`s half-human half-vamp and will grow to maturity so no fear of hungry kid`s tantrums.Anyway, all vamps have some super power like poor man`s superheroes. So Bella can create a shield like Sue Storn, Edward can read minds like Professor X, there`s Electro Girl,etc. But what happens when Volturi army appear is that they all talk this one out, Volturi are convinced, kill some vamp chick Irina for lying that spine-breaking fetus is dangerous, and leave in peace. No fight.In the movie, they have vamp Alice who can show you future when she touches you touch Volturi leader Aro so carnage that follows is really just her vision of the future if they fought. Vision stops when Bella decapitaes Aro with her Bella Fu who wakes up from the trance and decides that spine-breaking fetus who looks like Marlon Wayans in Little Man isn`t a treat to anyone and takes his army back home to Itlay. Everyone lives happily ever after. Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

Epic finale. One of the most shocking surprises I have had in years. People already said what was needed to be said. The final battle was crazy. One of the most intense action sequences of the year. Easily the best Twilight of all.9/10My ratings for the other movies (and that explains the shocking surprise):Twilight - 6/10New Moon - 5/10Eclipse - 7/10Breaking Dawn Part 1 - 4.5/10

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

I'll never watch this, but since it's not on Wiki yet: what was the ending of the book, why did have to change and what's the ending of the film now?

I read the book. Won't watch the movie. In the book, essentially nothing happens. The Cullens are confronted by the Vulturi and then they decide to do nothing and everyone goes on their merry ways.

This film was fantastic...something I wasn't expecting going in. I've always found the Twilight films to be mediocre and simplistic; nothing special but good entertainment. The finale was on a completely different level from the previous films though. The last half hour was very intense, and in many ways this was a better adaptation than DH2. Although DH2 was a better film just because the source material was better. Twilight: BNew Moon: DEclipse: C+Breaking Dawn Part 1: C+Breaking Dawn Part 2: B +

Edited by Mr Potter
  • Like 1