34 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Ahhh BOF, you never disappoint me with how terrible your taste is in movies ;)

Okay, just ask yourself: What do audience really want? You got these bored audience watching those boring movies for years, they're stuck in a rut, then need some release! Promise of entertainment, a hint of fun experience. Cameron creates that for them.

• Like 1

It's too long, there is more than one climax (hurting the film) and could have used a better and more charismatic actor for the lead, Schwarzenegger didn't have what it takes to make the part work. 

the setpieces are really amazing (did they really blow up that bridge?) and the humor is fucking fantastic, Albert Gibson is a great comic relief AND character, which is extremely hard to do.  I wonder why didn't Cameron venture himself in the genre more.

AND OH MY GOD Jamie Lee Curtis body and her striptease scene.

70/100

T2 90/100
Aliens 85/100
Titanic 80/100
True Lies 70/100
The Abyss 60/100
Terminator 40/100
Piranha 2 10/100
Edited by Goffe

It's too long, there is more than one climax (hurting the film) and could have used a better and more charismatic actor for the lead, Schwarzenegger didn't have what it takes to make the part work. 

the setpieces are really amazing (did they really blow up that bridge?) and the humor is fucking fantastic, Albert Gibson is a great comic relief AND character, which is extremely hard to do.  I wonder why didn't Cameron venture himself in the genre more.

70/100

T2 90/100
Aliens 85/100
Titanic 80/100
True Lies 70/100
The Abyss 60/100
Terminator 40/100
Piranha 2 10/100

D4fAJGu.gif

• Like 6

Arnold in TL is a nice combo of his action stuff and his lighter fare. He's a very appealing presence on screen... especially since Cameron is perfectly aware of how ridiculous it is to have a dude with his physique posing as Mr. Average American (check out that shot of him walking the dog!).

That is not in the final cut if memory serves.

Arnold in TL is a nice combo of his action stuff and his lighter fare. He's a very appealing presence on screen... especially since Cameron is perfectly aware of how ridiculous it is to have a dude with his physique posing as Mr. Average American (check out that shot of him walking the dog!).

This is something that crops up in a lot of Schwarzenegger movies, and it's one of the best things about the guy. He has done so many movies, utterly straight-faced, where he plays the average joe despite looking like a tank. His thick Austrian accent being totally overlooked as he gets American names like "Ben Richards", "Douglas Quaid", "Harry Tasker", "Ray Owens". Equally, he has done various projects which have a plot revolving around the reality of the big, superman-like Arnold character. His self-awareness is what makes him such a terrific performer in his films, and it's arguably when he's dialled back that he's at his weakest (even though he is perfectly capable of doing real nuance and explore a character).

• Like 2

70/100

T2 90/100
Aliens 85/100
Titanic 80/100
True Lies 70/100
The Abyss 60/100
Terminator 40/100
Piranha 2 10/100

Give me the GODDAMN 100/100's!