#ED

Estimated Wknd Numbers - BD2(141.3M) Skyfall(41.5M) Lincoln(21M)

Rth may be a bit off with his evening updates, because by then not even half of the grosses for the day are collated.But he is pretty spot on with his early morning updates.

True but I'll take him giving us an early update over Nikke any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
  • Like 4

Wow at Lincoln! I didn't expect it to perform that well given the run time but I shouldn't have underestimated the power of Lincoln! ;)

Posted Image

I read these books when I was a kid but I was never able to finish it lol. I really liked this concept and it a got little dark at times I must say Edited by forg

Well, RTH was wrong twice in this thread. He gave us a 63-65 number on Friday and a 44-46 on Saturday....causing this place to explode both times.....lol......God bless RTH though....we need you buddy.It's funny reading all the stuff from people saying this would make 125 mill OW with the 9pm friday projections.

Rth is great at reporting numbers early in the morning(a few hours before the studios). The early numbers he reports the night before to satisfy the masses who call for his Asgardian power, are not much better than any others we get that early(but usually they are better). I just wait in anticipation for his early morning numbers. Don't go anywhere Rth.

The success of the wide-release adult films (Lincoln, Skyfall, Flight, Argo) have hurt the limited market. AK is another victim. Mixed reviews didn't help either- it's definitely a love-it-or-hate-it movie.

Dude. What did you think of HOLY MOTORS?I still don't know what the fuck that was!

The success of the wide-release adult films (Lincoln, Skyfall, Flight, Argo) have hurt the limited market. AK is another victim. Mixed reviews didn't help either- it's definitely a love-it-or-hate-it movie.

AK is tanking because, regardless of critics say and they definitely aren`t in touch with real people, nobody in their right mind who ever read that book will take KK seriously in this role. Like, no one. She`s a gimmick casting like theater setting is gimmick to make old boring Oscar bait look "bold" and oh-so-not-baity. Riight. Plus, KK isn`t a star and there`s no curiosity in seeing her tackle a classic. It`s just ridiculous AD overhype that makes it look like she has more fans than she does.

Movies like SLP and Zero Dark Thirty shouldn't have platform releases. Both have had decent marketing and both have enough appeal to open wide.

SLP was tracking poorly and release against BD2 was stoke of a lunatic. Platform or not, you don`t release a romcom against a behemoth targetting women.
  • Like 1

I don't have any first hand knowledge, but as Fish says, in GTA lots of sellouts. I had a couple of friends who saw Lincoln and said that BD2 was nuts.