Punishment

Tuesday Numbers BD2: 11.8m Sky: 5.6m Lincoln: 3.1m

That means it's bigger than the other weekdays, sure. Hasn't that been the case for a while?

"Tightwad Tuesdays" have been around since I was a kid, but they've really become popular lately(in the past few years) due to the sluggish economy. Plus they have become HUGE in Canada. Edited by ShAAken not Stirred™
  • Like 1

I dunno. I think it's slightly worse..... :unsure:

nope, it's holding up a bit better but only because of the Tuesday effect. It will not jump up 25% tomorrow.....I think it will be lucky to jump by about 10%.http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=newmoon.htm

K. I wasn't sure. What do yo think it'll do in the long run compared with NM?

I doubt it will match it, but I wouldn't be shocked if it did. But, when you're talking about a franchise that consistently makes 280-300m, anything in that range is essentially a "match".
  • Like 2

Quantum of Solace jumped 38% day before Thanksgiving. Skyfall will do incredibly well today.

That was 2008, before cheap Tuesdays. It won't jump that much today. I'd bet on around 20-25%.

Quantum of Solace jumped 38% day before Thanksgiving. Skyfall will do incredibly well today.

While SF obviously has better WOM, that was four years ago. Would not be surprised in the least with a smaller increase than QOS, especially after it beat QOS by over 7% yesterday. I'll be happy with 30-35%. Edited by ShAAken not Stirred™

I feel a bit ignorant on the history: Is Cheap Tuesday more of a Canadian thing?

I think it is prevalent in many US states, but it is enormous in Canada.