Rthmessiah

Weekend#s BD2 $43.1M/$227M, Skyfall 36/221.7, Linc 25/62.2, Rise 24/32.6, Pi 22/30.2, Ralph 16.8/1

Bryce Dallas Howard was spectacular in the Help. I was disappointed that she wasn't nominated (although it was expected since she'd been getting very little attention).Chastain should have won BSA, though. Now that's a killer performance. Phenomenal.

That movie had a pretty fabulous cast, didn't it? No weak links whatsoever.

I'll be really controversial and say Viola Davis should have went supporting like she really was, and she would have won.

But then Octavia would've lost, and I like Octavia as substantially more than Davis. Davis almost got away with stealing Legend Meryl's glorious 3rd Oscar and showed her up in Doubt. Unacceptable :P;)

Bryce Dallas Howard was spectacular in the Help. I was disappointed that she wasn't nominated (although it was expected since she'd been getting very little attention).Chastain should have won BSA, though. Now that's a killer performance. Phenomenal.

Actresses better than Chastain in The Help.1. Viola Davis2. Octavia Spencer3. Bryce Dallas HowardAll characters in the movie are caricatures but Chastain's character was completely over the top, exaggerated caricature that you can find. She shouldn't have been nominated for the role.

Actresses better than Chastain in The Help.

1. Viola Davis

2. Octavia Spencer

3. Bryce Dallas Howard

All characters in the movie are caricatures but Chastain's character was completely over the top, exaggerated caricature that you can find. She shouldn't have been nominated for the role.

DID I JUST READ THAT

Posted Image

But then Octavia would've lost, and I like Octavia as substantially more than Davis. Davis almost got away with stealing Legend Meryl's glorious 3rd Oscar and showed her up in Doubt. Unacceptable :P;)

Viola should have won for Doubt. But I think they were all pretty amazing in that movie, Viola, Meryl and Amy. The only one worthy of an Oscar in the Help was Chastain, imo.

DID I JUST READ THAT

Posted Image

Yep, she played a caricature with no depth and had very little screen time. Didn't deserve a nomination. It is just that people wanted to award The Help. The movie itself wasn't that great so they went with as many acting awards as they could.

Actresses better than Chastain in The Help.1. Viola Davis2. Octavia Spencer3. Bryce Dallas HowardAll characters in the movie are caricatures but Chastain's character was completely over the top, exaggerated caricature that you can find. She shouldn't have been nominated for the role.

Disagree. How was she over the top? She gave her character life and sympathy.

Yep, she played a caricature with no depth and had very little screen time.

Thats the complete opposite of what I thought. She went beyond the dumb bombshell by making the character incredibly likable and while still pretty dim but not annoyingly so. It was a fun, but touching and a brilliant performance. Edited by Jack Nevada