Rthmessiah

Weekend#s BD2 $43.1M/$227M, Skyfall 36/221.7, Linc 25/62.2, Rise 24/32.6, Pi 22/30.2, Ralph 16.8/1

Todya isa perfect day to talk down Blanchett. Some Blanchitto from AD thought that Blanchett might be pushed for :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Best Actress in The Hobbit. He made a FYC with Blanchett crouching like she`s taking a dumb on the Rivendell`s perfectly scrubbed floor. Sensible ADers didn`t miss a chance to respond with dump-taking gifs from Bridesmaids:http://awardsdailyfo...vember-5/page17Scroll to post 335. :rofl:

Can't blame her though, seeing as taking a dump in a sink = Oscar nomination these days.

Oh, one of the biggest FUCKING TRAVESTIES in Oscar-history was giving Melissa McCarthy an Oscar nomination. FuckyouAcademy

It was fine. I'm glad to see that something as vulgar as Bridesmaids can score major noms.
  • Like 2

I would have much preferred Zach Galifianakis getting an Oscar nom for The Hangover.

Now that snub is a travesty. I think that McCarthy was riding the "OMG, women can be crude too, how OMG different and bold and unusual and never seen before to anyone living under the rock OMG!" wave. Edited by fishnets
  • Like 2

Now that snub is a travesty. I think that McCarthy was riding the "OMG, women can be crude too, how OMG different and bold and unusual and never seen before to anyone living under the rock OMG!" wave.

Yes! Thank you fishnets. I thought she was bad in the movie.

It was fine. I'm glad to see that something as vulgar as Bridesmaids can score major noms.

Too bad it wasn't good. Knocked Up, Superbad and The Hangover would all have been better candidates if they wanted to give a nom to an R-rated comedy (maybe not an acting one, but definitely for screenplay).

Too bad it wasn't good. Knocked Up, Superbad and The Hangover would all have been better candidates if they wanted to give a nom to an R-rated comedy (maybe not an acting one, but definitely for screenplay).

Fuck yeah, because those movies have something Bridesmaids lacks: heart and likability. Especially TH and Superbad

It's crazy how good the quality of November films is this year, and we're rewarded with a record-setting month. It's always nice when that happens. The Oscar Best Picture will be down to Lincoln vs. Les Mes, but the competition below for the other nominations is just incredible, with Argo, Silver Lining Playbook, Life of Pi, Zero Dark Thirty, The Master, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Moonrise Kindom, Amour, The Impossible, and the un-reviewed yet Django Unchained and The Hobbit. Almost everything that people thought would be Oscar contenders turns out to not disappoint critically, and in many cases commercially.

• Like 3