CoolioD1

Film Critics Awards 2012 (Winners in 1st post)

YES! OMG YES! JLAW AND RIVA TIE WIN! SUCK IT SASHA AND CHASTAIN AND HER NUDE POSING FOR GQ CAN SUCK IT TOO! SUCK SALANDER DILDO BOTH OF YOU SKANKS!

I doubt Chastain cares about this award while she is a front-runner for the Oscars/SAG/GG etc.

A) I'm not a fanboy B) Look yourself in the mirror and you'll see someone who does the same with other films.But on the bright side at least we aren't like the ADF people. :lol: They honestly think the world will end if the littlest thing goes wrong on Oscar night. That Meryl beat Viola thread is classic. :rofl:

Difference is that Lawrence has chance to win Oscar, and Riva has no chance at all to be nominated.

:lol:

Check this epic fanfic from someone on Wells' comments section yesterday, in response to his Boston Online sex-lives rant yesterday

Mr. F. says ...

The scene I've imagined:

JEFF WELLS enters his apartment with a GIRL he's picked up at a bar. She appears slightly drunk.

WELLS: Come on in. Sorry about the mess, my cleaning lady couldn't make it this week.

They proceed to the couch, kissing and fumbling with each other's clothes.

WELLS: Wait a minute, wait a minute! Let's take it slow. I want to show you something first.

Wells picks up a DVD screener from his coffee table. It looks to be David O. Russell's underseen 2012 film SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK.

WELLS: Have you seen this?

GIRL [squinting]: I don't think so. What is it?

Wells snorts.

WELLS: Oh my God. Who are you? This is only THE BEST FILM of 2012. You'll love it.

The girl zips her jeans back up. Wells takes the DVD out of the case.

WELLS [to himself]: Let's see... do we watch on the Momitsu or the Oppo? Let's do the Oppo... this deserves it.

Wells inserts the DVD into his expensive region-free BluRay player. The girl already looks bored.

WELLS: You gotta see this. It will change your life.

GIRL: I saw LINCOLN. Is it as good as that?

The look of disgust on Wells' face is obvious.

WELLS: SILVER LININGS is a movie for anyone who's ever loved before, a film of insight and passion. LINCOLN is like a milky-white history lesson taught by your grandmother.

GIRL: I don't know what that means.

WELLS: Shhhhh. Here it comes.

The opening minute of SILVER LININGS plays. Bradley Cooper is doing his thing.

WELLS: Look at that performance... LOOK at it! I've never been a fan of Cooper's before, but this... THIS is what an Academy Award-winning performance looks like. Do you see it? Look at what "D.O.R." pulled out of him. What other directorial effort this year deserves the Oscar? Huh? You tell me.

GIRL: Who is "D.O.R."?

Wells rolls his eyes. The girl looks away, frowning.

LATER:

Wells is glued to his high-definition plasma console. The girl is dozing off.

WELLS: Okay, okay. This is where everything takes a step UP -- can you believe it? It gets BETTER. Wow. This may look like an ordinary dinner scene, but WINTER'S BONE's Jennifer Lawrence is about to walk in and change the game. Aaaaaand... BOOM! Here she is. Wake up, wake up -- you need to see this! This is what earns you a golden statue in February. You won't believe it.

The girl wipes her eyes and watches for a moment.

GIRL: Oh yeah. She's that girl from HUNGER GAMES, right? I couldn't tell with all that makeup on.

WELLS: Please. Can't you see how she's embodying her character? Bringing her to vivid life? Jennifer is TIFFANY. Tiffany is JENNIFER. It is symbiosis.

GIRL: I bet she's going to end up with Bradley Cooper's character. Right? They're both just so adorable and perfect.

Wells frowns and hits Pause on his remote.

WELLS: What did you just say?

GIRL: Just that they're cute. I bet they end up together at the end, yeah? That's what happens in all these movies. The two cute people end up dating or married.

WELLS: This isn't just 'some movie'. This is the peak of cinematic brilliance, not only of THIS year, but ANY year. Can't you comprehend what I'm presenting to you? Doesn't it make you feel the passion? The very THRILL of life?

GIRL: Not really. It just seems like another romantic comedy.

WELLS [zipping up]: THAT'S IT! Get out, god damn it. GET OUT.

The girl quickly grabs her things.

GIRL: You're fucking crazy!

WELLS: Crazy like Pat Solitano, lady, do you hear me? Crazy like Pat Solitano... and you're no god-damn TIFFANY!

He SLAMS the door behind her. He goes back to the sofa and starts the movie again.

WELLS: This is all I need... all I need...

That's might be the best thing I've read all year.

:lol:

Check this epic fanfic from someone on Wells' comments section yesterday, in response to his Boston Online sex-lives rant yesterday

Mr. F. says ...

The scene I've imagined:

JEFF WELLS enters his apartment with a GIRL he's picked up at a bar. She appears slightly drunk.

WELLS: Come on in. Sorry about the mess, my cleaning lady couldn't make it this week.

They proceed to the couch, kissing and fumbling with each other's clothes.

WELLS: Wait a minute, wait a minute! Let's take it slow. I want to show you something first.

Wells picks up a DVD screener from his coffee table. It looks to be David O. Russell's underseen 2012 film SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK.

WELLS: Have you seen this?

GIRL [squinting]: I don't think so. What is it?

Wells snorts.

WELLS: Oh my God. Who are you? This is only THE BEST FILM of 2012. You'll love it.

The girl zips her jeans back up. Wells takes the DVD out of the case.

WELLS [to himself]: Let's see... do we watch on the Momitsu or the Oppo? Let's do the Oppo... this deserves it.

Wells inserts the DVD into his expensive region-free BluRay player. The girl already looks bored.

WELLS: You gotta see this. It will change your life.

GIRL: I saw LINCOLN. Is it as good as that?

The look of disgust on Wells' face is obvious.

WELLS: SILVER LININGS is a movie for anyone who's ever loved before, a film of insight and passion. LINCOLN is like a milky-white history lesson taught by your grandmother.

GIRL: I don't know what that means.

WELLS: Shhhhh. Here it comes.

The opening minute of SILVER LININGS plays. Bradley Cooper is doing his thing.

WELLS: Look at that performance... LOOK at it! I've never been a fan of Cooper's before, but this... THIS is what an Academy Award-winning performance looks like. Do you see it? Look at what "D.O.R." pulled out of him. What other directorial effort this year deserves the Oscar? Huh? You tell me.

GIRL: Who is "D.O.R."?

Wells rolls his eyes. The girl looks away, frowning.

LATER:

Wells is glued to his high-definition plasma console. The girl is dozing off.

WELLS: Okay, okay. This is where everything takes a step UP -- can you believe it? It gets BETTER. Wow. This may look like an ordinary dinner scene, but WINTER'S BONE's Jennifer Lawrence is about to walk in and change the game. Aaaaaand... BOOM! Here she is. Wake up, wake up -- you need to see this! This is what earns you a golden statue in February. You won't believe it.

The girl wipes her eyes and watches for a moment.

GIRL: Oh yeah. She's that girl from HUNGER GAMES, right? I couldn't tell with all that makeup on.

WELLS: Please. Can't you see how she's embodying her character? Bringing her to vivid life? Jennifer is TIFFANY. Tiffany is JENNIFER. It is symbiosis.

GIRL: I bet she's going to end up with Bradley Cooper's character. Right? They're both just so adorable and perfect.

Wells frowns and hits Pause on his remote.

WELLS: What did you just say?

GIRL: Just that they're cute. I bet they end up together at the end, yeah? That's what happens in all these movies. The two cute people end up dating or married.

WELLS: This isn't just 'some movie'. This is the peak of cinematic brilliance, not only of THIS year, but ANY year. Can't you comprehend what I'm presenting to you? Doesn't it make you feel the passion? The very THRILL of life?

GIRL: Not really. It just seems like another romantic comedy.

WELLS [zipping up]: THAT'S IT! Get out, god damn it. GET OUT.

The girl quickly grabs her things.

GIRL: You're fucking crazy!

WELLS: Crazy like Pat Solitano, lady, do you hear me? Crazy like Pat Solitano... and you're no god-damn TIFFANY!

He SLAMS the door behind her. He goes back to the sofa and starts the movie again.

WELLS: This is all I need... all I need...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hope someone writes an equal ZDT or Lincoln pan with Crone instead of Wells. I especially like the girls "Is it as good as Lincoln?" which hints at girls age of about 55 minimum.

This crap about "precious Les Mis" dying when the awards circuit has just begun? Nothing is dead yet but everyone loves to jump to conclusions.

I agree. Les Miz keeps getting very good reception from Guild members and as long as it is a frontrunner for GG, BAFTA and Guild awards it is a frontrunner for the Oscars.