CoolioD1

Film Critics Awards 2012 (Winners in 1st post)

Is it possible that Emma Watson could end up happening? What does BSA field look like this year? Any weak spots?

There are definitely weak spots. I don't think anyone's certain except Hathaway and Sally Field. Though I don't think Watson's one of the ones that sneaks in. We'll see what SAG says tomorrow. In the last few years they've either matched up with the oscars 5/5 or 4/5 in that category.

I don`t want to hype Noctis because I don`t think she`ll happen except, maybe, GGs. However, that she has been nominated by several critical groups, though not the major ones, and that her movie and co-stars are also getting attention (movie is making showings at Top 10s and important critical lists) points out to a steady underground campaign. Summit is pushing this and it`s working pretty well. It isn`t an obvious push but that movie and actors are noticed in the sea of competitors shows that some serious work is being done. So fingers crossed!

I really don't want to raise my hopes up for Perks but I'm very happy with all the critic award attention they are receiving. I don't expect any GG or SAG not but of course I have some hope right now :)

Edited by forg
  • Like 1

You still haven't replied to me. Where is the link to the Academy members apparently telling each other not to even consider the film?

Either Anne Thompson, Tapley, Sasha, or Wells said it during one of their podcasts. Someone mentioned that they hadn't seen and and were hesitant about seeing it because Academy members had told them not to bother with it. Then the other person on the podcast told them to go see it and that it was worth it.

Either Anne Thompson, Tapley, Sasha, or Wells said it during one of their podcasts. Someone mentioned that they hadn't seen and and were hesitant about seeing it because Academy members had told them not to bother with it. Then the other person on the podcast told them to go see it and that it was worth it.

Probably Stone. She always blows off films she doesn't think have a shot at Oscars.

Probably Stone. She always blows off films she doesn't think have a shot at Oscars.

I'm going through the 3 or 4 podcasts I think contain the line, but the I don't think it's Sasha. Every time I recall the exchange I hear Anne's voice, but I'm not sure.

I'm going through the 3 or 4 podcasts I think contain the line, but the I don't think it's Sasha. Every time I recall the exchange I hear Anne's voice, but I'm not sure.

From ADF:

I just heard this morning on their podcast Thompson and Tapley discussing Perks and basically saying that Emma Watson was the worst thing about it (and Thompson even expressed the opinion that she is just not a good actress). Go figure. (Very) Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Posted Image Edited by Silver Linings aDIM
  • Like 4

Michelle Williams in Take This Waltz is soooooo good. I'm glad she didn't go completely awardless for that one.

She's becoming Meryl Streep. She turns in great performances film after film. I didn't really love Take This Walk, but she was fantastic as always.