Neo

Crimson Peak (10.16.2015) Trailer Page 29

Blanchett gives the greatest camp/hammy performances of all times. I give credit where credit is due.

I just don`t believe in star-studded horror because history is against it. The whole point of horror is that rather unknown actors stand in for the audience and that you don`t know who`s safe and who isn`t precisely because they don`t have any baggage.

Edited by fishnets

You cannot just simply call this horror. of course you think it's going to be bad, Cate Blanchett could give the greatest performance of all time and you would still talk yourself into hating it.

You are right, its gothic romance/ghost story with horror. GDT has talked about this for lengths and still have people misinformed.

Blanchett gives the greatest camp/hammy performances of all times. I give credit where credit is due.

I just don`t believe in star-studded horror because history is against it. The whole point of horror is that rather unknown actors stand in for the audience and that you don`t know who`s safe and who isn`t precisely because they don`t have any baggage.

You give bias credit where your bias credit is wanted to be given.

Anyways, you call it horror I'll call it a gothic ROMANCE.  You just don't believe in star studded horror. MMKAY, how dare Del Toro do something different from your pre-conceived notions. How dare Del Toro make a original gothic romance ghost story.

• Like 1

You give bias credit where your bias credit is wanted to be given.

Anyways, you call it horror I'll call it a gothic ROMANCE.  You just don't believe in star studded horror. MMKAY, how dare Del Toro do something different from your pre-conceived notions. How dare Del Toro make a original gothic romance ghost story.

Post of the Day.

Excellent cast 

On a side note while Del Toro did put his name on quite a few mediocre to bad movies ( in terms of producing ) and while his american commercial films like Blade 2 or Hellboy didn't quite live up to his name I got one movie for ya 

Pan's Labyrinth 

end of discussion 

• Like 3

That's why you gotta wait to see the movie lil darlin.

Nope. This is a Box Office forum and 90% of the discussion in this forum is about movies that are to be released in future. People are going to discuss the movie. Some people will diss it without seeing it. Some people like you will rave about it without seeing it either. This is how it is. If you can't deal with the criticism then find another hobby. The fact is that Del Toro has spend last few years catering exclusively to fanboys. Can he make a successful gothic romance ? Maybe but I don't expect him to.

• Like 2

This is box office forum?!?!?!? WTF i had no idea.........  I haven't raved about anything regarding this film, i'm just giving a great director the benefit of the doubt, something your cynical self might try doing.(especially considering he's one of your favs, which is probably a bold face lie). 

So instead of putting words in my mouth do yourself a favor and find a new hobby...Savvy? 

This is box office forum?!?!?!? WTF i had no idea.........  I haven't raved about anything regarding this film, i'm just giving a great director the benefit of the doubt, something your cynical self might try doing.(especially considering he's one of your favs, which is probably a bold face lie). 

So instead of putting words in my mouth do yourself a favor and find a new hobby...Savvy? 

Yeah, he is one of my favorites so is Nolan and I don't want Nolan making a romantic movie either. That movie will not be in his comfort zone.Actually I am looking forward to Crimson Peak as long as it is an old school horror that GDT talked about in one of his earlier interviews. I like character driven horror movies and dislike the new found footage fad and for the record I like each of GDT produced horror picture with the exception of Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark, which isn't a bad movie either.

That's fair enough, but i think Del Toro can pull it off, especially since it has elements of the supernatural/horror.  This is not just a straight up romance or horror film, so we'll have to just wait and see if he can pull it off.

It's been years but Cronos had elements of a love story i believe, though that may have been between the grandfather and granddaughter.

But even still i think he's got what it takes.

Yeah, he is one of my favorites so is Nolan and I don't want Nolan making a romantic movie either. That movie will not be in his comfort zone.Actually I am looking forward to Crimson Peak as long as it is an old school horror + Gothic + Ghost that GDT talked about in one of his earlier interviews. Mostly called it a Romance/Gothic/ghost movie, only seen one where he mentions horror.  I like character driven horror movies and dislike the new found footage fad and for the record I like each of GDT produced horror picture with the exception of Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark, which isn't a bad movie either.