Neo

Crimson Peak (10.16.2015) Trailer Page 29

It’s very different. I have my library separate from the family home, and every room is a different genre. The only room that I can guarantee I’ve read everything is the horror room. I’ve read most every horror and ghost story, from 10 years back. I don’t read as much of the new stuff, anymore. Within that world, you can find as subtle a ghost story as The Friends of My Friends by Henry James, or brutal, scary ghost stories, or any of M.R. James’ stories. There are so many flavors. Ghosts are a metaphor that can be interpreted so many different ways. There’s no ending to what you can do. You can make it a fun ghost story. You can make it a deeply disturbing, psychological ghost story. You can have The Shining, The Haunting and The Innocents, which have three completely different tonalities in them. Crimson Peak is very, very classic and, at the same time, very reverent. I think Mama is a movie that does something that I am amazed at, but is very different from what I do. Mama has an incredibly strong base of reality. The emotional reality, and even the art direction, has an aspect that really feels real. I would go more fantastic and a little crazier. Crimson Peak is a complete confection. It’s a gothic romance confection. It’s candy. It’s a piece of cake. Mama is a movie that depends, a lot, on being a slice of reality.

Edited by Neo

It’s the turn of the century. So it’s at the turn of the century and half of the movie takes place in America, and the other half takes place in a crumbling mansion in Cumbria. And basically it’s a ghost story and gothic romance, trying to subvert the rules of the usual gothic romance. It’s very much... the first half is a love story, then that love story turns darker. And it’s at the same time a ghost story. I’m working at this moment with Lucinda Clarkson who is a really great playwright from the UK. She has the proper degree of perversity and intelligence to turn it into something interesting to watch. It’s sort of a very compelling version of the classic gothic romance, where you have the spookiness and the windswept landscape that dooms the characters, you know?

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/guillermo-del-toro-updates-on-crimson-peak-and-pacific-rim-2

...The idea is to shoot in the fall, winter, spring—shoot the whole first season.  I’ll then be prepping Crimson Peak, which we’ve already finished casting this week.  And we’re announcing it very shortly who’s in the cast.  So that’s the immediate future.

http://collider.com/pacific-rim-2-crimson-peak-guillermo-del-toro-interview/

We’re shooting The Strain in Toronto, Crimson Peak in Toronto, and I love Toronto so much.  We’re basically moving there for a couple of years at least.  It also has the best cinematheque in the world, the Lightbox.  TIFF is amazing, and I’m doing a Hitchcock series every December there.  We’re going to do it every December for films by Hitchcock, talking to the audience about them, and doing a little class if you would.  It’s a great community.

This will suck. GDT put his name on Don't Be Afraid of the Dark and that was one of the worst pieces of dung I've ever seen.

He also put his name on The Orphanage.  But it doesn't really matter because he's actually directing this one.

Edited by GypsyDanger

I was thrilled at having Emma and Jessica Chastain in the same film when I realized that already happened in The Help. Guess I did not notice it before because they did not have a single scene together in the film. Cannot wait to see what Crimson Peak is all about.

These actros are way too good for haunted house crap. Didn`t The Haunting have quite a big name cast (Neeson, CZJ) and it was garbage. Plus, GdT produced that haunted house shit with Katie Holmes.

Producing is not the same as directing. Different movies, different decades, different directors don't see the similarities. Why did Enemy at the Gates do bad while SPR did good, both had good casts.

Whoa, hunted house horror movie with actors, who really can play very well? I'm excited. :D

Edited by Neo

Don't Be Afraid of The Dark was absolutely terrible.

So Del Toro's name means nothing to me.

I find it hilarious, when a horror movie gets some A-list actors, the media start referring to it as a thriller.

This is a ghost story. Ghost stories are horror films. End of.

Charlie Hunnam may be handsome, but he's a seriously bad actor.

Don't Be Afraid of The Dark was absolutely terrible.

What does that has to do with Del Toro? So was Sanctum, do you discredit Cameron as well?

So Del Toro's name means nothing to me.

Why not? He didn't direct it. Producing vs directing are different.

I find it hilarious, when a horror movie gets some A-list actors, the media start referring to it as a thriller.

This is a ghost story. Ghost stories are horror films. End of.

Has anything been said to confirm this?

Charlie Hunnam may be handsome, but he's a seriously bad actor.