AniNate

Sat Estimates: Immortals $10.6, J&J $10.4, Puss $10.1

I always stand up for Sandler. His movies ALWAYS make me laugh. Always has to have a hiccup once in a while. This is one of the unfunniest films ever, but the thing about it is young people were laughing in it. I don't think it'll hit 100 mill but a good reaction from under 18s and Thanksgiving in 2 weeks it should come close to 90. I still love Sandler. You can forgive one shit fil every ten yrs.

From DHD:

It did an unexciting $1.4M in Thursday midnight gross from approximately 900 locations then expanded locations and grosses during Friday. So Relativity’s Immortals has stayed the #1 movie with a $32M weekend bow, which is a rarity these days. But you also must realize that Immortals is a 300-clone yet won’t make 50% of the $70.8M opening amount that the original 2D movie did even with the higher 3D ticket prices. Immortals should have made $50+M, folks, given the genre and promotion. “300 was absolutely a big success, but we are in a different economy, marketplace, and time of year,” a Relativity exec tolds me Friday night. “Young males have been hard to get over the past year. It’s a significant accomplishment that we got them. We are well positioned to be the 3rd highest R-rated film this year and the highest R-rated action film this year. This is a win for us.” Needless to say, Relativity is known for its spin. But it also claims reduced risk from foreign pre-sales on the supposedly $75M-budgeted film. Then explain to me why, for 2 years, Relativity was telling everybody and their mother that the budget of Immortals was $120M. (Don’t believe me? Go back and do a Google search). It sold the film internationally to foreign buyers with a budget of $120M. Now, all of a sudden, the budget is $75 million? Puh-leeze.

Audiences gave Immortals a ‘B’ CinemaScore but Rotten Tomatoes recorded just 37% positive reviews.

WTF is Nikki smoking? 50M?

From DHD:

It did an unexciting $1.4M in Thursday midnight gross from approximately 900 locations then expanded locations and grosses during Friday. So Relativity’s Immortals has stayed the #1 movie with a $32M weekend bow, which is a rarity these days. But you also must realize that Immortals is a 300-clone yet won’t make 50% of the $70.8M opening amount that the original 2D movie did even with the higher 3D ticket prices. Immortals should have made $50+M, folks, given the genre and promotion. “300 was absolutely a big success, but we are in a different economy, marketplace, and time of year,” a Relativity exec tolds me Friday night. “Young males have been hard to get over the past year. It’s a significant accomplishment that we got them. We are well positioned to be the 3rd highest R-rated film this year and the highest R-rated action film this year. This is a win for us.” Needless to say, Relativity is known for its spin. But it also claims reduced risk from foreign pre-sales on the supposedly $75M-budgeted film. Then explain to me why, for 2 years, Relativity was telling everybody and their mother that the budget of Immortals was $120M. (Don’t believe me? Go back and do a Google search). It sold the film internationally to foreign buyers with a budget of $120M. Now, all of a sudden, the budget is $75 million? Puh-leeze.

Audiences gave Immortals a ‘B’ CinemaScore but Rotten Tomatoes recorded just 37% positive reviews.

WTF is Nikki smoking? 50M?

She is smoking Pandora weed.