Moviedweeb

TDKR "Honest-Trailer"

Prometheus one is pure gold. My mind was having the exact same dialogue while watching the flick (but I was not drunk). :PGotta love those guys, it is always funny whether you like the movie or not.TDKR one is spot on too, you could feel Nolan dropped the ball and threw everything he could in a bloated salad bowl like he was on auto pilot mode.

I wish there was a 1/3 like button ha."Gotta love those guys, it is always funny whether you like the movie or not."Couldn't agree more! Edited by Clavius

This is why I can't take a lot of the criticisms of TDKR seriously, when this...

"Batman quitting because a bad guy killed his girlfriend…. PISSES ME THE FUCK OFF." - Harry Knowles

...is one of their biggest complaints.

Bitching about Bruce not dating for that length of time, yeah, that I could see being a legit complaint; but did people just completely forget about him taking the fall for Harvey Dent's murder and the murders Dent committed himself in order to make sure his reputation was unscathed so that the convictions against the criminals he took to court would not be overturned?

This "issue" has absolutely no legs to stand on and falls flat on its face.

Edited by Squaremaster316
  • Like 1

"Batman quitting because a bad guy killed his girlfriend…. PISSES ME THE FUCK OFF." - Harry Knowles

Bitching about Bruce not dating for that length of time, yeah, that I could see being a legit complaint; but did people just completely forget about him taking the fall for Harvey Dent's murder and the murders Dent committed himself in order to make sure his reputation was unscathed so that the convictions against the criminals he took to court would not be overturned?

Ya that was a bullshit comment and I can't imagine anyone saying that seriously; but they seemed pretty serious.

This "issue" combined with the issue I have with the Patriot Dent Act that purifies Gotham streets like a magic wand. Yeah, I thought it a little bit problematic.

I thought corruption was all over the place. GCPD was plague with rats and yet, Batman takes the fall for Dent: TADAAA! Gotham is crime-ridden.

For me, it deprived the Dark Knight Finale of its grandness. So Batman made his speech to Gordon and rode immediatly his batpod back to Wayne Manor's garage. :wacko:

I thought Batman would be a fugitive that Rachel's death drove insane so he'd become a full-on borderline crazy vigilante. You know the silent guardian, the watchful protector whatever it takes, whatever he has to endure. Not a mopey reclused in his Xanadu for 8 years.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

It's funny some mentioned Promethues in this thread, because they were really like twin brothers for me. I had the same amount of high expectations for them, and they turned out to be the same type of big letdowns for me.Somehpw TDKR maybe disappointed me more. Ridley Scott hasn't been doing great lately, so maybe comparing Prometheus to Alien isn't really fair, but Nolan has directed some of my fav films in the last decade (The Prestige, TDK, Inception), but when I was watching TDKR, I literrally felt that it was directed by a lesser director who tried really hard to imitate what made TDK great. The very beginning and the ending were the only parts that reminded me that this was Nolan's work.

• Like 1

This is why I can't take a lot of the criticisms of TDKR seriously, when this...

Well there are ALOT more issues with the movie you know??

I love "honest-trailer", but this one was a messquoting some coments from Youtube"It's not that we don't get the comedy, it's just that this video has more inconsistencies than the movie itself.. so many things are wrong or just plain obvious if you've watched the trilogy.""- Batman has a voicechanger in his cowl as seen in Batman Begins.- His body is fucked up because well.. Taking so much hits with a numerous of weapons, stabbing wounds, dog bites + the fall of the building at the end of the Dark Knight fucked up his knee.- The skip of 3 months is kinda.. Obvious.- Bane held the city for 5 months not 3.- No one was in the streets because they all hid from the mercs and baddies""- Batman jumping out of the Bat: As hinted at the end of the movie (but that's only if you've paid attention to it, once again), autopilot. It's not because we see Batman's face then five seconds on the bomb that he didn't take the time to do all that stuff inbetween.- Batman and Bruce Wayne dying on the same day: Yeah, just like all those other upper-class people who died because of the riots Bane had provoked. Wayne could easily be said to have been killed during one of those.""- Wtf, not everyone in Gotham figured out that Wayne was Batman, did the people who made this video even watch the movie?""The entire Gotham City police underground is one stupid move, I admit that, but it's not a plothole, nor an inconsistancy. It can come off as a stupid decision from Gordon, nothing more.""Bruce spent 7 YEARS traveling the world with criminals. I think he could manage to find his way back to Gotham.""However, even if this isn’t the case, it’s easy to assume the arsenal is the bottom level of the building so it’s A.) Easiest to hide and B.) Easy to transport vehicles into and out of the building. Provided this, Bane would just have to dig up to find Applied Sciences.- Bane having motorcycles inside the stock exchange: He works with mercenaries working into the building. Not hard for them to get bikes in the underground parking and then ride them up to the main room through stairs.""she knows what to look for in determining the likely location of Batman’s secret arsenal. Also, other people have been in this wing of Wayne Enterprises in The Dark Knight, so it’s secrecy isn’t absolute. Remember in Batman Begins when Ra’s accuses Bruce of “defending a city so corrupt” that they have “infiltrated every level” of its infrastructure? It’s plausible that someone from the League could have helped construct or locate it from within Wayne Enterprises.[...]""- About Bane finding the Batcave: Now that Bruce Wayne has been established as Batman, it doesn’t take a genius or specially training to deduce that his weapons and vehicles are likely produced/housed in his company. Given Talia’s chair on the Wayne Enterprises board, she likely has a decent understanding of the building’s layout and, given her League affiliations[...]"

Edited by Goffe of Oz

I've seen all the honest trailers now and the only ones that cracked me up the Hunger Games and Avatar(lol, half the movie is actually in that one) ones. I haven't seen TDKR so I have no idea whats going on in this one.

Edited by Shpongle

I just watched this movie again and although incredibly entertaining, there are so many things which seem to not make sense if anyone can clarify them for me:In no particular order:1. When Batman comes back to gotham (how he did so with no money I still don't understand but whatever) he visits Gordon while he is being exiled. So they are all on this fragile ice which should be cracking yet Batman strolls up and they are chilling (has the ice gotten thicker since it is further into winter). Then he lights his flare which you would think might help melt the fragile ice they are on but they continue to chill, this seemed improbable but maybe I am missing something.2. Bane is shocked Batman came back claiming that he "broke him." Then why did you pay a guy to keep him alive who had the potential to actually fix his back. Bane could have still ensured that he couldn't escape while playing his mind game.3. I am assuming the ending is literal since it is explicitly said that the auto-pilot was fixed: So Alfred is crying and feeling like shit over Bruce's death yet he strolls into the cafe looking very relaxed and happy while sipping on some cherry or wine... Kinda weird considering the previous scene.4. Why does Batman still use that voice with Catwomen, I think it was mentioned in the honest trailer but thought about it while watching. Doesn't really matter, kind of a non-issue but I thought of it5. Another non issue, it was funny that Miranda Tate was holding up the blanket so we wouldn't c her breasts when that would be completely unlikely in the actual situation considering they just had sex, maybe she was cold but it came off as unrealistic; maybe I just want to see her breasts by I digress6. Why would Wayne enterprises build this reactor that, even before constructing it, could obviously be turned into a weapon. 7. How does Wayne get back to got Gotham with no money and none of his team, again, whatever...This is admittedly a shoddy list of complaints but some of them are pretty valid. I still thought the movie was very well done and immensely entertaining but there were several unrealistic things that took me out of the movie. There are other unrealistic aspects of course, the entire premise might be but I can suspend disbelief to a point.

I just watched this movie again and although incredibly entertaining, there are so many things which seem to not make sense if anyone can clarify them for me:2. Bane is shocked Batman came back claiming that he "broke him." Then why did you pay a guy to keep him alive who had the potential to actually fix his back. Bane could have still ensured that he couldn't escape while playing his mind game.

What makes this one even more WTF is that prior to this when Gordon is getting sentenced Bane tells a lackey to bring Tate to him and by this point Tate has seen Bruce Wayne return. So why wouldn't Tate tell Bane that Bruce is back?

Come on guys we all know the most unrealistic part of TDKR is Hines Ward returning kickoffs and outrunning the blast.

Plus how good are the Gotham Knights Rogues? There were a lot of empty seats. My guess is they're about a 4-8 team.

Edited by DAR
  • Like 1