CJohn

Weekend Estimates (Immortals - 32M; Jack and Jill - 26M; Puss in Boots - 25.5M)

Great overall performances by the top three, although that's an awful Saturday drop for Immortals. I'm curious to see where Jack & Jill goes from here. I don't think $100M is happening, but how are audiences reacting? The rest of the top 10 offered no surprises.

Sandler deserves to have this movie miss 100M, its surely a joke just to see how gullible people are to see something like this? Sad that it will beat Funny People by some distance.

its pathetic, he is a total sell out who hasn't been funny in a long timeSandler needs to just go away, I'm tired of his projects

We will never go away. Sony will ensure that.And, to be honest, I don't want him to go away. His movies make me laugh. I am a big fan (but I have no intention of seeing JandJ).

Edited by CJohn

Sandler needs to take a break, though, and lay off family films and do edgier R-rated comedies like I Hate You, Dad coming up. He has no obligation to do a film or two a year, nor an obligation to go family friendly.Mojo has their analysis up, but Ray calls Funny People a traditional Sandler comedy which is false.

Edited by Jay Beezy

JandJ will probably flop OS.

It didn't really flop in Mexico, but I think that can partly be attributed to Eugenio Derbez, who I believe played the stereotypically Mexican gardener and was prominently marketed in Mexican markets. Edited by Jay Beezy

Immortals and Jack and Jill will both drop with actuals. Those Sunday drops are way too good to be true with the NFL going on right now. Still good openings for both of them. A very strong hold once again for Puss in Boots. It should reach $150M as long as it doesn't get smashed too hard by Happy Feet Two, Arthur Christmas, and The Muppets in the coming weeks. Just your typical Clint Eastwood opening for J. Edgar. Solid hold for Tower Heist considering it had direct competition from Jack and Jill this weekend. Expected drop for Harold & Kumar 3D. Also congrats to Paranormal Activity 3 for reaching $100M.

I wouldn't call Jack and Jill direct competition for Tower Heist, more direct competition for Puss because they're both family films.

Oh yeah I just saw its PG rating which surprised me because it had Adam Sandler in it, and his movies are usually more of the PG-13 type movies.