CJohn

Weekend Estimates (Immortals - 32M; Jack and Jill - 26M; Puss in Boots - 25.5M)

Immortals and J&J will drop more than a million each in actuals. That's about as strongly as J. Edgar could have opened. I think from here on out I'll wait for reviews before considering Eastwood movies for BP nominations.

In Relativity Media’s biggest win to date, the 3D action-epic Immortals topped the domestic box office with a $32 million opening, while grossing another $36 million overseas for an estimated worldwide bow of $68 million.

Just checked, it seems all Sandler movies of late are with 80m budget.

To the best of my knowledge, it's because Sandler gets 25 mill per film, that's for producing and starring in the film.

OS saves movies once again...

I'm not picking on you cjohn, but what exactly does this mean? Overseas is just another market. It didn't "save" the film. Movies make money everyhwere, not just NA.

To the best of my knowledge, it's because Sandler gets 25 mill per film, that's for producing and starring in the film.

He receives that much? Well, his movies always open with good results... he is one of the few people with true star power in Hollywood.

I'm not picking on you cjohn, but what exactly does this mean? Overseas is just another market. It didn't "save" the film. Movies make money everyhwere, not just NA.

That movies tend to do much more internationally than domestically. Just that.There are so many recent examples of movies that bomb in America but do lots of money in Europe, Australia and Asia. Edited by CJohn