CJohn

Weekend Estimates (Immortals - 32M; Jack and Jill - 26M; Puss in Boots - 25.5M)

Immortals type never usually experience good legs because they are driven by young male crowd which comes in droves on OW. Regardless of it's legs it will not be a flop. 70m domestic and well over 100M OS means a total close to 200m WW. Decent sized hit.

Edited by Totem

Immortals type never usually experience good legs because they are driven by young male crowd which comes in droves on OW. Regardless of it's legs it will not be a flop. 70m domestic and well over 100M OS means a total close to 200m WW. Decent sized hit.

It's locked to pass $200m WW.

It is a great thing. Can't wait to see it on the 24th, my brother loves period films and 300 and that sort of thing, I believe 300 is his favourite film of all time, he has seen it 30+ times.

• Like 1

So, is a 14k average on 19 screens a decent number for Melancholia? I'm hoping it gets an expansion next week so I can see it here.

I was surprised to find this on my Amazon rental list today. I haven't rented it yet, but it's already available in the PPV market.

After 300 and Clash of the Titans, and now Immortals. This genre is going to explode in the next couple of years!

With mostly half-assed put together movies trying to cash in on the latest craze until studios make the genre go bankrupt from overexposure and then they move on to the nest fad. Sigh when will hollywood ever learn?

I´m a bit confused about the reported budget for Immortals, before this weekend it has been everywhere at 115 million, now its everywhere between 75-85?

The studio is reporting 75m, 115m was a rumored budget and Nikki seems to be using it to cause drama. I take the studio's word. They also sold the international rights to Lionsgate and a few others I believe. I think Relativity has 30m invested in the project.

After 300 and Clash of the Titans, and now Immortals. This genre is going to explode in the next couple of years!

You missed Percy Jackson. :)We have a couple of movies lined up already. Edited by Fake

As far as Greek mythology movies go, there are definitely more in the pipeline; the Percy Jackson sequel, the 300 sequel and possibly a God of War movie (based on the game) and a couple of Hercules projects. I don't see overexposure as a problem unless it starts getting like the comic book movies, 4 or 5 in one summer, etc.