iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

Meh.Skyfalls hold is more impressive than TH OW number.

The Hunger Games, The Avengers, Ted, and Skyfall had the most impressive runs of 2012 easily. Brave, TASM, TDKR, BD2, and The Hobbit aren't the top stories. The Hobbit will need to beat 400M from here on to become impressive imo...and that ain't happening.

ISo I don't think this will have a problem hitting 300 and I just think the expectations here were obviously a bit out of whack. Thank Avengers for that. :)

Actually you should thank POTC:OST. It started the whole "if OST can make $800 mio OS than TH is a lock for $1 billion OS" madness. And then when TA made its money, those who insist LOTR is SW of this generation calculated that if Marvel movies with lower boxoffice than any LOTR movie could produce combined force of TA, than TH coming off Shriekapoo would double Shriekapoo or something.

IMO, it`s too early to either proclaim disaster or incredible legs. Neither has happened so far. The movie neither tanked (it`s on par with adjusted second movie in the franchise so jump over the first) nor posted impressive Saturday jump, usually a sign of a great hold to come. So lets see how things develop when shopping season is over and holidays (that include release of more movies) kick off.

THIS!!
  • Like 1

What the hell is up with these Saturday bumps? More than 100% for several films.

Usually in America that isn't very common, but here, the more old the movie is in theaters, the bigger is his Saturday jump (but in Europe Saturday and Sunday are much bigger days than Friday, Saturday is fucking huge, movies jump over 100% every week).
  • Like 1

The Hunger Games, The Avengers, Ted, and Skyfall had the most impressive runs of 2012 easily. Brave, TASM, TDKR, BD2, and The Hobbit aren't the top stories. The Hobbit will need to beat 400M from here on to become impressive imo...and that ain't happening.

We shall see. :) But I do agree that TA and THG are the big box office stories of the year, no doubt. If Hobbit makes it to 400 off of this OW then I think it will be every bit as impressive as Skyfall or Ted though.

So The Hobbit will have a very moderate decrease on monday. 10M+ all weekdays this week.

Look at the dailies from last year starting on the 19th....they have increased from the last monday:http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=newyearseve.htmThis has to be because schools are out.

Errr why wouldn't it? King Kong, I Am Legend, Tron Legacy and Sherlock Holmes 2 all dropped over 50%.

I'm not being sarcastic here....but this is Hobbit. Should it not hold better?