iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

The whole part in the Shire was the best part about the movie. Character moments - something the movie lacked in the 2nd half, unfortunately. Hopefully the extended edition will not have just more action.

I think the riddle in the dark scene was really strong, but the movie as a whole was pretty tedious to sit through. I thought the HFR was incredible at times. Just absolutely stunning, but in other instances it looked as if the film was on fast forward. It was still visually fascinating but I think the majority of the shots were framed to look cool instead of being organic to the story which was a flaw. Still a worthwhile experience.

The Fellowship of the Ring's trailers (not to mention the trilogy trailer from Christmas 2000) were great. Enough with the revisionist history as a means to excuse The Hobbit's soft opening.

Well I thought and still think they made it look overdramatized. Don't care for the trailers.
  • Like 1

But you ARE doing cartwheels. ;)

I predicted a billion for it. So in that sense, I guess I am doing cartwheels because my prediction might be close.But I haven't see this yet. And I loved FOTR and I have heard people say TH is close in tone to that film. So I'm hoping I love it.

I predicted a billion for it. So in that sense, I guess I am doing cartwheels because my prediction might be close.But I haven't see this yet. And I loved FOTR and I have heard people say TH is close in tone to that film. So I'm hoping I love it.

You will for sure hate it :lol:

Really like how the first time that the ring falls into Frodo's finger is exactly the same as the

first time the ring falls into Bilbo's finger.

Everything from The stone giants on was just pure perfection for me. I love the whole Riddles scene so much.

:wub: :wub: :wub: And I literally got chills when Bilbo decides to spare Gollum after remembering what Gandalf had told him about taking and sparing lives earlier. Brilliant. So much to that scene if you realize had Gandalf not said that to Bilbo and Bilbo killed Gollum there, Frodo would have never been able to destroy the ring in ROTK.

• Like 2

Avengers has nothing to do with it. Harry Potter 8 might have.

I think all of these had a hand in predicting gaudy numbers for Hobbit:ROTKAvatarBD2DH2MIB3AvengersTDKTDKRTRF3OSTAlice in WonderlandSkyfallAny film that blew up overseas has caused people to think that Hobbit would do the same.

I think all of these had a hand in predicting gaudy numbers for Hobbit:ROTKAvatarBD2DH2MIB3AvengersTDKTDKRTRF3OSTAlice in WonderlandSkyfallAny film that blew up overseas has caused people to think that Hobbit would do the same.

The Hobbit will smash MIB3 OS so I think you can cut that out of your list. I agree with all the rest.

Really? You think it could fall 50%?

Yes. Why wouldn't it? It's still a prequel and somewhat frontloaded. I dunno, depends on how many people have the day off on friday and monday. I have no clue, i don't live in the US or Canada. Edited by Elessar

It's OST more than anything for me.
  • Like 1

I think all of these had a hand in predicting gaudy numbers for Hobbit:

ROTK

BD2

DH2

MIB3

Avengers

TDK

TDKR

TRF3

OST

Alice in Wonderland

Skyfall

Any film that blew up overseas has caused people to think that Hobbit would do the same.

Especially since The Hobbit had tons of factors in its favor for a huge overseas opening. Installment of a wildly popular and successful (read: established) franchise, based on one of the most famous books ever written, action/fantasy genre, 3D, Holiday season. Edited by filmnerdjamie
  • Like 1

The Hobbit will smash MIB3 OS so I think you can cut that out of your list. I agree with all the rest.

You're missing my point. Any film that has done well overseas, in this case, MIB3 did much better than MIB2, has caused people to think that TH would blow past ROTK's international take.