Neo

Marvel vs SW (Which Franchise Owns May)

Star Wars Vs. Marvel  

24 members have voted

1. 1. May Belongs To?

MARVEL and they have every right to have May belong to them when they just put out the #2 grossing movie of all time in TA.. I'm sure SW77 will do well enough Neo so don't worry..

You keep saying the samething over and over and still wrong.

Alright nerd.. Tell me how I'm wrong that MARVEL is entitled to pick the day, month and year for there upcoming sequel to their #2 grossing movie of all time Neo or is it iJack now???

First of its #3 both WW and DOM. Secondly like I said May has belonged since 77 to SW, so it also can have a May release. Entitled? Did you read TA2 already has a release date. Before you start arguing with me know your facts, you don't want another Waterworld fiasco like the other day.

But your posts reflects that of someone who feels that SW should own May, PERIOD and that MARVEL should move there movie because of SW owning May since 77 and I say they don't have to do shit.. Nice thread iJack.. I'm prefdicting this one to be closed within 24 hours like TDKR threads that ultimately end up getting trashed..

Did I say TA should move? I said somewhere July 2015 if it moves, but now I want it to stay in May.

Marvel in red, SW in Green(for XMas colors ;) )

1977: ANH(#1/#1)

1980: ESB(#1/#1)

1983: ROTJ(#1/#1)

1999: TPM(#1/#1)

2002: Spider-Man(#1/#1) > AOTC(#2/#3)

2003: X2(#4/#6)

2005: ROTS(#1/#1)

2006: X3(#1/#4)

2007: SM3(#1/#1)

2008: IM(#1/#2)

2009: XOW(#3/ #13)

2010: IM2(#1/#3)

2011: Thor(#3/#10)

2012: TA(#1/#1)

SW #1 in May: 5/6 times(83.3%)

Marvel #1 in May : 6/9 times (66.7%)

SW #1 for year: 5/6 times(83.3%)

Marvel #1 for year: 3/9 times(33.3%)

Overall average gross(Adjusted):

1. SW- 470m

2. Marvel- 360m

Winner: SW(It's not even close)

• Like 2

Star Wars because it owned May first.

And other than two films(SM1 and TA), SW films are not beaten by any of the other Marvel films when you adjust for inflation. AOTC adjusts higher than all of them save those two. AOTC adjusts to over 60m more than IM, and 25m more than SM3.

I don't see Avengers 2 moving from the beginning of May. Granted, I think May can handle both Avengers 2 and Star Wars...though the idea of Star Wars opening in July isn't really that hard to believe. It took this thread pointing out they all opened in May for me to...even realize that. It's not like SW opening in July would hurt that film.

• Like 1