lilmac

Most overrated films of 2012

I agree with the bold part, the rest I don't...People like you feel the need to compare The Avengers to Transformers simply because the action looks similar. However, what you fail to realise is, the action in the Transformer movies was extraordinary, so if TA mimicked that action, along with a witty script then that's a good thing.

Trouble is its a case of 'seen it.. next'.. The action in TA seemed really 'small'. TA was better than TF in a simply indescribably huge way, but that last battle scene. Copy.

The action in Avengers is waaaay better than Transformers, where for some reason we're zoomed in so close we don't even know what's going on half the time.

That's a load of rubbish. The action in the transformer movies is about as clear as it gets at times. They are shot well and Bay is arguably one of the most talented directors out there for pulling off great action sequences. Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

No Action alone is not makes a movie good...Action with some nice one liners and interesting characters makes it fun.Remember in Indiana Jones..Is it the action alone that was great...Or was the action mixed in with likeable characters and funny lines?

Beasts of the Southern Wild.It's not offensively bad, but it is boring, and a BP nom is laughable. It got nominated due to token indie status and the white guilt factor over Katrina.

100% agreed. WTF was it nominated for BP? I am glad it did shitty at the box office.
  • Like 1

AR and AVP trivialised the franchise. Prometheus is just plain ruining it.

Huge Alien fan here and I couldn't disagree with you more. Prometheus is a far superior movie to both AVP's and AR. It's also better than Alien 3.Don't understand how you can say that Prometheus is 'ruining' the franchise unless your talking purely in terms of lore (and even then we can't make a judgement on that until we know the full story).

Don't understand how you can say that Prometheus is 'ruining' the franchise unless your talking purely in terms of lore (and even then we can't make a judgement on that until we know the full story).

Prometheus completely ruined the mystery of Alien's Space Jockey and the mystery of the Alien itself. Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

That's a load of rubbish. The action in the transformer movies is about as clear as it gets at times. They are shot well and Bay is arguably one of the most talented directors out there for pulling off great action sequences.

Agreed. Michael Bay is the James Cameron of the action sequence.

I didn't love Moonrise Kingdom, but if they had to have a token hipster-indie movie, I would've much rather it be nominated than Beasts.

So I just saw Moonrise Kingdom. I liked it but definitely thought it was overrated, as I do all of Wes Anderson movies. I like his quirkiness but he hasn't made a great movie yet in my opinion.

On a side note, whatever happened to Jared Hess, the Napoleon Dynamite and Nacho Libre director? Didn't you guys think he was going to be the next Wes Anderson.

How the hell is Beasts of the Southern Wild a "token hipster indie movie?"I guess I can understand how some wouldn't like it, because it's all about buying into the mindset of the film. I never once during my viewing thought the film had anything to do with white guilt over Katrina..........it was a look into a different world and ideology.

• Like 3