lilmac

Most overrated films of 2012

Yeah. You have your opinion and I have mine. I find the nestles overrated. I just know that I have met alot of people so far who owe their youth to led Zeppelin. And it's been decades and I find that less and less people have staying power besides pop acts much less Celine dion. That's just what I feel. And I know some others feel it too. So we'll agree to disagree.

Not quite sure how Prometheus keeps seeping over into this thread when a movie generally needs to be liked to be 'overrated.'

It cracks me up how many times I've seen this movie on best and worst lists of 2012 on the internet. Its why its popped up in this thread and the underrated thread a lot. Edited by Shpongle

The Avengers. The same repetitive storyline that has to rely on Transformer-like effects to get it by. Such an overrated film. Don't even get me started on Prometheus.

Don't get this shit argument at all. The Avengers is so much better than Transformers. It really is a stupid-ass argument. "it's like Transformers, so it must be bad."Give me a break.
  • Like 3

Despite a shaky first 20 minutes and some minor plot quibbling, The Avengers is a glorious film. Whedon understands the characters and what we want out of them. I've seen it five times and I've never been bored with it. It holds up much better than TDKR.

• Like 1

I'll defend that, actually. Bruce wasn't sitting around his house for years just mourning Rachel... the Dent Act left him without much of a job to do as Batman even if he wanted to. Plus, he had known Talia for years, it wasn't like he just met her. Not to mention he clearly hooked up with her in a state of desperation.

For me its about whether or not I was entertained. I dont analyse movies scene by scene, so minor issues with cinematography or editing or whatever dont bother me, I am willing to suspend disbelief if there are issues with the story or obvious plot devices. As a result of that the 'flaws' in TDKR don't worry me. Sure some of it is a bit stupid, but i just ignore that and move on.The Avengers however was less flawed, but also less entertaining. Stark is getting really annoying, Capt A didnt convince me he had any leadership skills at all and Thor seemed weaker. Only Hulk was good. The end battle seemed small scale and yeah, sorry, was TF3 revisited.Prometheus had a great story and was visually brilliant, but completely disjointed, badly edited and didn't fit in with the rest of the Alien universe at all. It was more damaging to the franchise than Alien Resurrection or even AVP.

• Like 2

For me its about whether or not I was entertained. I dont analyse movies scene by scene, so minor issues with cinematography or editing or whatever dont bother me, I am willing to suspend disbelief if there are issues with the story or obvious plot devices. As a result of that the 'flaws' in TDKR don't worry me. Sure some of it is a bit stupid, but i just ignore that and move on.

The Avengers however was less flawed, but also less entertaining. Stark is getting really annoying, Capt A didnt convince me he had any leadership skills at all and Thor seemed weaker. Only Hulk was good. The end battle seemed small scale and yeah, sorry, was TF3 revisited.

Prometheus had a great story and was visually brilliant, but completely disjointed, badly edited and didn't fit in with the rest of the Alien universe at all. It was more damaging to the franchise than Alien Resurrection or even AVP.

I agree with the bold part, the rest I don't...

People like you feel the need to compare The Avengers to Transformers simply because the action looks similar. However, what you fail to realise is, the action in the Transformer movies was extraordinary, so if TA mimicked that action, along with a witty script then that's a good thing.

Edited by Jessie