filmnerdjamie

Thursday Numbers (12/20)

There's no school today (Friday)?

I love how you're attempting to "school" me on box office yet seem unaware that movies jump on the Friday before Christmas because 99% of schools get out at like noon before Xmas vacation. Besides the fact that there's no school or work for most on Saturday which allows people to see movies Friday night. Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™

A Cinemascore4/5 Stars on Yahoo8.5/10 #92/250 from 90k IMDb81% 4.2/5 from 150k RT usersI liked it. My friends liked it. I just don't see "Not very good WOM" as a "fact".

The evidence you list seems to indicate solid to good word of mouth, but not "very good." But we are getting into semantics.

I love how you're attempting to "school" me on box office yet seem unaware that movies jump on the Friday before Christmas because 99% of schools get out at like noon before Xmas vacation. Besides the fact that there's no school pr work for most on Saturday which allows people to see movies Friday night.

I'm not living in the US, so screw you. ;)

Friday increases are still gonna be smaller than last week's.

Well Nikki will probably throw out some random numbers in about 6 hours and we can have further discussion on the projected data

I am expecting a number starting at 15M+ and the falling to 11-12 million for the actual number.

I predict the Hobbit to jump about 85% today. There are too many films opening and the wom on The Hobbit is not so great. It should fall over 50% this weekend.

I mean it is literally not "very good." WOM on the Hobbit is, as you say, perhaps solid (I think it is closer to mediocre but that is an opinion) but that is not "very good." WOM on something like Life of Pi or even Flight is very good while Argo and Lincoln have excellent WOM.WOM on The Hobbit is NOT "very good." Rant over.

I just came back from my 3rd viewing and it's safe to say, WOM is solid on it. It's not as good as OT but who cares. Frankly, It's laughable that people are saying it's boring . It's no more boring than FOTR but people have blinders on for that movie.

The evidence you list seems to indicate solid to good word of mouth, but not "very good." But we are getting into semantics.

Haha! There is a difference in saying something is "not very good" and something is not "very good". Anyway, I'd say that WOM is very good based on reviews from yahoo, CinemaScore, IMdb and other places. Personally I've yet to meet someone in person who didn't like the film. Only on the Internet do you hear all this "boring" talk.