CJohn

Christmas Day Numbers | Les Miserables: 18.1M | DU: 15M | The Hobbit: 11.3M | PG: 6.5M

So finally the christmas magic of 2009 is back, i'm really excited.Les Miserables, well, i expected that number, it's not a surprise after all those early sellouts, should at least make 175m now, which is amazing.Also great for Django Unchained, a little lower as "Inglorious Basterds", should hit 100m either way."Parential Guidance" is kind of a surprise, i actually had it at low 20s for 6d opening, but always had the sucess for "Cheaper by the dozen" in my mind, seems like a typical family movie."The hobbit" seems not that great, but after finally seeing it, i understand it. It's an okay movie (I would give it a 6,5/10 inkl. a little LOTR-Bonus), but so small and meaningless compared to "The Lord of the rings". And as a warning: I absolutely hated HFR, worst thing happening to cinemas since "Glitter".Back to Christmas, (with RTH-numbers) we could be looking at 6 day openings as follows:Les Miserables 70-80mDjango Unchained: 40-50mParental Guidance: 40-50mThats amazing.

So finally the christmas magic of 2009 is back, i'm really excited.Les Miserables, well, i expected that number, it's not a surprise after all those early sellouts, should at least make 175m now, which is amazing.Also great for Django Unchained, a little lower as "Inglorious Basterds", should hit 100m either way."Parential Guidance" is kind of a surprise, i actually had it at low 20s for 6d opening, but always had the sucess for "Cheaper by the dozen" in my mind, seems like a typical family movie."The hobbit" seems not that great, but after finally seeing it, i understand it. It's an okay movie (I would give it a 6,5/10 inkl. a little LOTR-Bonus), but so small and meaningless compared to "The Lord of the rings". And as a warning: I absolutely hated HFR, worst thing happening to cinemas since "Glitter".Back to Christmas, (with RTH-numbers) we could be looking at 6 day openings as follows:Les Miserables 70-80mDjango Unchained: 40-50mParental Guidance: 40-50mThats amazing.

150M finish for PG possible ?Wow

PARENTAL GUIDANCE making more than most summer films this year? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.

It is not surprising if one thinks about it.Family films tend to do well that open on Christmas day.It is the FIRST live action family film in a long time also.And it dind't look that bad.