CJohn

Christmas Day Numbers | Les Miserables: 18.1M | DU: 15M | The Hobbit: 11.3M | PG: 6.5M

@Again, with the Hobbit, it's doing fine. To me, there is nothing bad about the numbers. It's going to make 300 or close to it and close to a billion WW....incredible numbers imo.

No. Not for 3D premium movies. Incredible for Skyfall and TDKR yes but not for 3Dies. It`s a good number only.

432M ... The Hobbit will be lucky to cross 300M honestly... Over 100M difference.

Embarrassing. Edited by fishnets

It`s the theater count nothing else. LM would have prevailed it was released in over 3000 theaters.I don`t know why studios are fucking up their movies so much. First Harvey with SLP platform release and now Uni with LM.

Agreed about the theater counts...wtf is going on?I just had to tell you about my experience watching the entire LOTE EE over the holidays. When I watched it and Eowyn came on (she is Shitto right?) I just couldn't stop laughing. I thought about you the whole time, and when she kills the Nazgul, my wife looked at me like I was on drugs. My face was turning purple from laughter when she takes off the helmet and says "I'm no man!" You've ruined me forever Fish. Also, even though I noticed this before, it just amplified even more this time. WHY DID SHE FALL IN LOVE WITH ARAGORN AFTER MEETING HIM FOR 5 MINUTES? Man I had so much fun watching them.

Yup, very strong, Floppit is only -150m off from expectations!

:rofl: :rofl:
  • Like 1

I'm just really glad DH2 is still the #1 overseas film since Avatar and will likely remain that way for at least three more years. I was worried TH1/TH2 would surpass it. As it turns out, TH1 will probably end up doing around 60% of DH2's overseas business, and possibly lower than even the non-3D Potters. This really makes Avengers' overseas gross all the more impressive. Amazing for Django. That's a truly great number, and it will hit $150m. Les Miserables is hopefully going to hit over $200m. Amazing success.

• Like 1

No. Not for 3D premium movies. Incredible for Skyfall and TDKR yes but not for 3Dies. It`s a good number only.Embarrassing.

Well, I had very tempered expectations for Hobbit. I hate to keep harping on this but I always thought 300 would be a struggle only because it is not 2003 anymore and times have changed. I admit the overseas performance is a little surprising to me but still a billion dollars is reserved for the very select few. Skyfall is more impressive of course and to me BD2 is more impressive than Hobbit, but still its a very good performance, just not as good as the loonies had hoped.

Agreed about the theater counts...wtf is going on?

Well, Floppit is obviously capitalizing from it because it takes spillovers. LM can`t serve the demand and TH is avaliable everywhere and it isn`t full so it takes Mizheads who couldn`t get LM ticket. Uni really scrwwed the pooch here because LM could have been #1 easily.

I just had to tell you about my experience watching the entire LOTE EE over the holidays. When I watched it and Eowyn came on (she is Shitto right?) I just couldn't stop laughing. I thought about you the whole time, and when she kills the Nazgul, my wife looked at me like I was on drugs. My face was turning purple from laughter when she takes off the helmet and says "I'm no man!" You've ruined me forever Fish. Also, even though I noticed this before, it just amplified even more this time. WHY DID SHE FALL IN LOVE WITH ARAGORN AFTER MEETING HIM FOR 5 MINUTES? Man I had so much fun watching them. :rofl: :rofl:

Eowimp`s 5 minute insta falling in love with Aragorn and then 5 minute insta unfalling in love with him and falling in love with Faramir is the most embarrassing writing Tolkien has ever done. That part of ROTK book is an abomination. Anyway, the movie is even worse because the bitch is obviously in her late 30s but is playing the character as if she`s a teenager. All the mouth breathing, gasping for breath, navel gazing, you know, the bad CW show, that`s what granny Shitto did. Plus, they stupidly wrote in the movies that she knew Aragorn was engaged so her tossing at him made her a homewrecker wannabe. And WTF was that shit where Theoden goes "I`m so happy for you. he`s a good man" as if Aragorn agreed to marry the stupid bitch or something? Like, what did she tell her uncle? Aragorn barely noticed her. Stupid stupid character, terribly written and acted. I didn`t ruin her to you, just pointed out all that`s wrong with her. Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

Well, I had very tempered expectations for Hobbit. I hate to keep harping on this but I always thought 300 would be a struggle only because it is not 2003 anymore and times have changed. I admit the overseas performance is a little surprising to me but still a billion dollars is reserved for the very select few. Skyfall is more impressive of course and to me BD2 is more impressive than Hobbit, but still its a very good performance, just not as good as the loonies had hoped.

In 9 years since Shriekapoo, people got more movies to choose from and many are finding other stuff better. For exmaple, I doubt that Twihards think LOTR and/TH are better than twilight Saga no matter what critics, oscars,etc say. So they won`t see TH more than once or at all just because there`s a cute dwarf in the background. Point being, many moved on from LOTR onto other things and don`t feel like going back. Edited by fishnets

I've never liked Eowyn, never. I'm just saying you ruined the experience for me now because everytime I think of ROTK I'm going to think of you. The Nazgul death scene is just so damned funny now.

If The Hobbit follows I am Legend:

Thursday- 9.7635

Friday- 12.243

Saturday- 13.039

Sunday- 10.875

Monday- 6.405

Tuesday- 8.948

3-Day: 36.157 (-2.12% from 12/21-23)

5-Day: 51.51 (-6.6% from 12/21-25)

If it follows National Treasure 2:

Thursday- 9.7175

Friday- 11.331

Saturday- 11.716

Sunday- 9.923

Monday- 8.494

Tuesday- 8.945

3-Day: 32.97 (-10.75% from 12/21-23)

5-Day: 50.409 (-8.6% from 12/21-25)

I expect a 3-Day progression that falls between IaL and NT2, and a New-Years Eve/Day progression similar to IaL.

wed atm looking likeLM 11.7m,TH1 11.5m,DJ 9.7m, PG 4.3,JR 3.8,TI40 3.2,Linc 2,Minc 1.7,ROTG 1.5,Sky 1.2,LOP 1,GT 800k

Dont know what I did with GT should be more like 1.7mTH1 11.4 (it may drop bit more with actuals), LM looks more like 12.1,DJ 10mTH1 had 105% increase in Can over Xmas day, LM 65%,JR 69%,DU 62% Edited by Rth
  • Like 2

TTT was on tv yesterday, and when shitto talked, I just thought of it as Fishnets talking to me. So fishnets, you've given me the image that you are indeed Miranda Otto...

I never persoanlly offended you like this Heretic so I don`t understand why you are insulting me. Totally uncalled for.

To the people who predicted 450M for TH:AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAH HAAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH AHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAAAAHAH AHAHAAHAHAJAHAAJAHAJAJAJAAJJAJAJAJAHAHAJAAJHAHAHAHA

Please, they look like the voice of reason compared to some loonies who were going 500-600m. :rofl:
  • Like 1

I never persoanlly offended you like this Heretic so I don`t understand why you are insulting me. Totally uncalled for.

I'm not insulting you fishnets, that's just what I've come to think after reading thousands of your posts. Edited by Heretic

DU needs to keep insane boxoffice because I want Tarantino and Leo nominated. Movie`s shoo in but thanks to Harvey fucking up the screeners (didn`t send them to SAG), the movie missed out on all acting nominations.

Gee, whats up with the Weinsteins? First they fucked up the release of SLP and now this..

I'm not insulting you fishnets, that's just what I've come to think after reading thousands of your posts.

I hate Shitto, why would I be anything like her? I go to dentist every 4 months as they advise and I certainly wouldn`t kick Catholics from the church into the rain. never tried acting but can`t imagine doing worse. I mean, can it be worse? Nope.
  • Like 3