Dementeleus

Weekend numbers thread (close between TH and DU 31.5-31 so far)

floppit will end up with 305mstill below pre release expectations of 450m

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:So TH1 is a flop because it didn't make $450M? In a season where grosses are muted? Your lack of box office knowledge laughable.I was predicting $330M, so my prediction is only a bit off. Then again, I got flamed for predicting too low. You can't predict $400M+ when we know the fan base is coming on opening weekend and the grosses in December are muted. Also, the fact the movie was poorly marketed and the more kid-friendly nature turned some fans off, it's doing pretty good. Not at mega-blockbuster levels, but good for the holidays.Long short story, $450M is overemphazing the levels it was going for.

What's in store for TH1 this weekend.Friday - $10,725,000Saturday - $13,725,000 (+28%)Sunday - $11,800,000 (-14%)Weekend Estimate - $36,300,000 (-2%)

Highly doubt it will go up that much today. And if history is any indication, Sunday will be smaller than Friday.

Some people have a tendency to use the words "flop" and "bomb" entirely too flippantly on here. A flop or bomb is a film that makes less than what it cost to produce and market...significantly less.

• Like 9