Plain Old Tele

Weekend numbers thread (close between TH and DU 31.5-31 so far)

I don't see how on any planet Les Mis is doing anything less than great. Its a musical that's made nearly $50 million in just four days. That's way beyond what Hairspray, Mamma Mia! and Dreamgirls did. It was simply front-loaded by fans, no different than a big franchise picture with years' worth of an audience built up.

I'm already used to the forum reactions. If a movie doesn't hit 200M in 3 days. It's a flop for most here.
  • Like 3

I'm disagreeing here with you again: I like the ending of Social Network. The brilliant combination of Zuckerberg'sloneliness and lack of emotion despite being a billionaire and Beatles going "How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?".. Gives me goosebumps

Whole lot of "meh" in that scene IMHO. Rest of the film is very well done. Best scene is when Zuckerberg goes on his rant at the lawyer who asks him if he is paying attention.

Wow,i remember your hate for Daniel Craig! :P

He was great here. I always give credit where credit is due. It` s just that some people are trying to make me give credit where it isn`t due such as Shitto. Worst actress ever. That won`t change. Nope. Edited by fishnets

• Founder / Operator

I'm disagreeing here with you again: I like the ending of Social Network. The brilliant combination of Zuckerberg'sloneliness and lack of emotion despite being a billionaire and Beatles going "How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?".. Gives me goosebumps

I'm pretty much there with ya. Inception is definitely my preferred film between the two, but I definitely don't think TSN's ending is bad in any way. Maybe less powerful on an emotional level (to me), but it achieved the goal they set out for it, I feel.

I'm already used to the forum reactions. If a movie doesn't hit 200M in 3 days. It's a flop for most here.

• Like 1

I don't think closeups hurt it. Movie still is going to make 140-150M and could get near 200M pending Oscars.

You are wrong. Everyone`s complaining about the directon. Even people who liked the movie were annoyed by claustrophobic close-ups. That won`t encourage repeat business. So the movie could have made more with a better creative choice.

You are wrong. Everyone`s complaining about the directon. Even people who liked the movie were annoyed by claustrophobic close-ups. That won`t encourage repeat business. So the movie could have made more with a better creative choice.

Don't think enough people are ciniphiles to really get too bothered by it.