Dementeleus

Weekend numbers thread (close between TH and DU 31.5-31 so far)

Okay I understood calling The Hobbit's performance underwhelming to a certain degree but Les Mis? A movie that has made twice as much than most expected by this point? Nonsense. It's without a doubt the biggest breakout of the month.

Edited by Sogno

Okay I understood calling The Hobbit's performance underwhelming to a certain degree but Les Mis? A movie that has made twice as much than most expected by this point? Nonsense. It's without a doubt the biggest breakout of the month.

Without a doubt the biggest breakout of the month second only to DU. :P

Haven't done the math, but looks to be a 10-12% drop for the Hobbit this weekend. I can't wait for the first 125M movie in December (release 2nd wknd of December), will be Christmas weekend 58M and NY at 52M for 235M not counting weekdays.

I can't wait for the first 125M movie in December (release 2nd wknd of December), will be Christmas weekend 58M and NY at 52M for 235M not counting weekdays.

Hold on, they are releasing Episode 7 in December? Somebody change the SW thread title, please!

• Founder / Operator

Haven't done the math, but looks to be a 10-12% drop for the Hobbit this weekend. I can't wait for the first 125M movie in December (release 2nd wknd of December), will be Christmas weekend 58M and NY at 52M for 235M not counting weekdays.

Avatar 2 seems most likely now, assuming it gets a Christmas release. One of the Hobbits still have a chance, but its greatly diminished after AUJ's opening and may require TABA to be delayed (which isn't too unrealistic, heh).

• Founder / Operator

Hold on, they are releasing Episode 7 in December? Somebody change the SW thread title, please!

Or that. :lol:But they haven't announced a date yet. Sites like us are just listing December since it obviously wouldn't be any later than that in the announced 2015 release. :)I still think it gets a summer date, though.

Or that. :lol:But they haven't announced a date yet. Sites like us are just listing December since it obviously wouldn't be any later than that in the announced 2015 release. :)I still think it gets a summer date, though.

I dismissed Avatar because I don`t think sequels will happen in a forseeable future. So Epi 7 was the only logical other although December isn`t SW tradition. But they won`t move TA2 from May so anything is possible. Personally, I would love SW for Xmas. Tis the season for big movies. LOTR, Avatar, TH, SW. MI4 doesn`t cut it. It`s really the season for fantasy/alien worlds. HP should have gotten that spot. Edited by fishnets

I don't think delaying TABA will go down too well either. July 2014 is prime real estate for Warners so I don't see why WB will move a potential $300m/$1 b movie from that date.

Why not? Maybe if it was Spring 2014 not so good, but now would be fine. WB has Jupiter Ascending and Transcendence that could get that date.