Dementeleus

Weekend numbers thread (close between TH and DU 31.5-31 so far)

Money wise The Hobbit won, my congratulations. Yet, it only managed to break the December opening record with 3D, if it would've been 2D, the record would still belong to I Am Legend.

Totally.

Django, no, I won't pass tickets world wide because it's not a movie made only for money. You guys support The Hobbit when it's clear that Peter Jackson didn't give a crap in creating another Lord of The Rings (good movies), he only wanted a blockbuster to put him back on track after a bad period. Django is a good movie made by a good director (way better than Jackson) and coming close to a blockbuster (Beating it attendance wise) is pretty impressive in my opinion. (Not to consider that it's PG13 vs R)

I think that TH fanboys banded together after TH got middling reviews and are now pretending that TH is some grand achievement in film-making when the truth is that nobody involved in that movie (from director to actros to composer to cinematographer,etc) brought their B game let alone A game. It isn`t a bad movie by any stretch but it isn`t very good either. It`s OK. critics got it right. 6.5 averige is about right. Everything about it is servicable when it isn`t a flat out disservice (Radagast, extended slapstick that didn`t do anything for individual charactersiation, Azog the lamest villain of 2012) but not beyond that. Riddles in the Dark doesn`t improve the movie but makes more obvious how weak and forgettable other content around it is.

For the record tweedles, I predicted 300 mill and a billion WW for The Hobbit way back in summer of 2011. Yes, that's right. So I'm not hating on it at all. And if you would like proof of that, go ask Shawn and other LOTR lovers who told me I was crazy thinking it would only make 300 here. So this has nothing to do with me hating the film, I'm one of the more realistic predictors. You guys just come across as loonies.

"Floppit" term is far less hating on the movie itself and far more making fun of loony predix and predictors. Which is why fanboys are so sensitive. They know they are the target, not the movie itself, and it reminds them that it`s 100% their fault why other posters can now come up with Floppit-type of mock names.

You guys support The Hobbit when it's clear that Peter Jackson didn't give a crap in creating another Lord of The Rings (good movies), he only wanted a blockbuster to put him back on track after a bad period.

Thank you for outing yourself. Now i know to not take you seriously.

So now we celebrate a movie selling more tickets than another movie on its 3rd weekende? Oh dear...Django really has an outstanding run, but i see Tarantino sitting in his living room, questioning himself, where exactly he has become mainstream. I think deep inside he hates the success. :D

It is worth comparing because whilst The Hobbit is a international money-made blockbuster, Django isn't (it's an awards movie - it's a good movie - which LOTR fans won't see for a while now), and it is worth celebrating that even though it's not made for masses, it managed to sell such a big amount of tickets on it's opening weekend.

For the record tweedles, I predicted 300 mill and a billion WW for The Hobbit way back in summer of 2011. Yes, that's right. So I'm not hating on it at all. And if you would like proof of that, go ask Shawn and other LOTR lovers who told me I was crazy thinking it would only make 300 here. So this has nothing to do with me hating the film, I'm one of the more realistic predictors. You guys just come across as loonies.

It has everything to do with you hating it. If you could have justified it, you would have gone even lower.

The Hobbit is definitely no Django from a film-making standpoint... Django was leagues ahead in direction, acting, and story... But that will show during awards season when it's racking up nominations and Hobbit sits at home with Avengers and laments being a part of the satanic 3D movement.

Thank you for outing yourself. Now i know to not take you seriously.

If Jackson indeed wanted to make good movies, he would've been involved in the project from the beginning, not jump in, only so his name would be everywhere around the world, when Del Toro decided to leave the project.Del Toro would've made a much better Hobbit series than Jackson.Also, explain to me why Jackson decided to split the series into three when he barely had enough material to do two movies without stretching them a bit. I think it's all for money, not for something else. He didn't gave a crap, and you're just too blind to admit it.
  • Like 2

Floppit is created by fanboys only. Everyone who ever predicted that TH would make:a) ROTK * inflation % *3D%, or B) that TH would make _______(insert laughably overblown number) because _________(insert another movie) made ______(whatever that movie made), orc) whatever other nonsense formula and irrationale were used to calculate the unrealistic amountis responsible for it`s looking like a flop now. You gave everyone who was ever insulted when tried to reason with you a weapon for mocking your lack of good judgement. You made TH a Floppit. You and only you. There.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 3

If Jackson indeed wanted to make good movies, he would've been involved in the project from the beginning, not jump in, only so his name would be everywhere around the world, when Del Toro decided to leave the project.Del Toro would've made a much better Hobbit series than Jackson.

NEWS FLASH: Peter Jackson's been involved with the project from the very start, even when it was first considered in the mid 90s.

It is worth comparing because whilst The Hobbit is a international money-made blockbuster, Django isn't (it's an awards movie - it's a good movie - which LOTR fans won't see for a while now), and it is worth celebrating that even though it's not made for masses, it managed to sell such a big amount of tickets on it's opening weekend.

Django is Trantinos next movie after a 120m-success. Tarantino may not intend to do movies for the masses, but his style has become kind of mainstream nowadays.

Hobbit is a massive failure from a director standpoint. Jackson should have take some directing lessons from Nolan, Spielberg and Cameron before engaging into the mess that is Hobbit's HFR. The film is much better in 2D though, I enjoyed it the second time around apart from the twenty minutes I slept over. The film is poorly edited. Django is a different league, I think it can challenge 150m depending on its Oscar success. I have it at 135m now. Bring on Killer Crow, Quentin!

Edited by Alfred Unchained

I'm sure Tarantino is loving it. By his own words, he was delighted when, after Pulp Fiction's success, he got the opportunity to make original films he wanted and not adaptations and studio tentpoles, and he was heartbroken after Grindhouse failed, even seeking advice from Spielberg. Like all auteurs, he makes movies he himself wants to see first and foremost, but the more people share his joy, the happier he is.

Posted Image

DJANGO FANS

Posted Image

HOBBIT LOONIES

An open letter to Andy Serkis:

Darling Andy,

You want the Oscah. Than why the fuck are you letting PJ exploit your ass in mo`cap? Txt Tarantino now!

Your big fangirl,

Fish

Edited by fishnets

And I always said, that Jackson shouldn't have done "The Hobbit" and it seemed like he originally thought the same, as they gave the job to del Toro first."Job" is the right word, maybe it was just a job this time for Jackson. It's still great to come back to a place you love, but the first time will always be special.It'll be the same with going back to Pandora in 2015.

If Jackson indeed wanted to make good movies, he would've been involved in the project from the beginning, not jump in, only so his name would be everywhere around the world, when Del Toro decided to leave the project.Del Toro would've made a much better Hobbit series than Jackson.Also, explain to me why Jackson decided to split the series into three when he barely had enough material to do two movies without stretching them a bit. I think it's all for money, not for something else. He didn't gave a crap, and you're just too blind to admit it.

Maybe he stepped in because he was already very much involved with the movies as a producer and screenwriter and knows the universe well and it would be difficult to find someone on such short notice to replace Del Toro? Maybe he just changed his mind regarding directing?We don't know what Del Toro would have done. I've seen many of his movies and nothing comes close to LOTR.As for 3 movies, they have explained it. Google it.I think you are just too blind of hatred to see anything that doesn't paint PJ in a bad light. Edited by Elessar

"Job" is the right word, maybe it was just a job this time for Jackson. It's still great to come back to a place you love, but the first time will always be special.It'll be the same with going back to Pandora in 2015.

You`re mixing apples and oranges. There`s a difference between familiar and workman-like. TTT was already familiar but apparently no less magical because PJ put top quality work in it, his A game as I call it. OTOH, TH is familiar but his direction was really workman-like and without flare. Not bad but not inspiring either. Definitely not his A game.So Avatar sequels will be familiar but whether JC is going to bring his A game or direct on autopilot remains to be seen. Edited by fishnets