Elessar

Weekend Estimates (Jan 4-6 2013)

There is a big game in between rivals Wisconsin/Minnesota for the NFL playoffs, which will definitely knock out a lot of the two states Saturday box office gross. Never underestimate the NFL's ability to influence the box office here in the US.

There is a big game in between rivals Wisconsin/Minnesota for the NFL playoffs, which will definitely knock out a lot of the two states Saturday box office gross. Never underestimate the NFL's ability to influence the box office here in the US.

It is like football in Europe :lol:

It is like football in Europe :lol:

and Brazil.This game is pretty big. Also the Packers have one of the best non-native states fanbases. They are well liked by non-rival states (every state but Minnesota and Illinois)

Same thing happens most of the time when a horror movie opens, people under estimate it, then trash it when it does well opening weekend. I'm glad it's number 1. I'm seeing it tonight. I don't give a toss if people don't like it.Bottom line is a slasher movie from a 30 year old franchise opened at number 1 on Friday. That's excellent news for slasher fans, as its the first slasher film to be released wide since Scream 4 in April 2011. I can only hope Hollywood takes note and green light more slashers rather than supernatural yarns.

Same thing happens most of the time when a horror movie opens, people under estimate it, then trash it when it does well opening weekend. I'm glad it's number 1. I'm seeing it tonight.

I don't give a toss if people don't like it.

Bottom line is a slasher movie from a 30 year old franchise opened at number 1 on Friday. That's excellent news for slasher fans, as its the first slasher film to be released wide since Scream 4 in April 2011. I can only hope Hollywood takes note and green light more slashers rather than supernatural yarns.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Still amazes me how some people are surprised over a 20-30 mill horror opener the first weekend i Jan..Happens every fuc.. ehhh freakin time... No matter how bad it looks

It's not that I'm surprised, it's just this one didn't look all that good in the trailers so I didn't think people would come out to it.