Elessar

Weekend Estimates (Jan 4-6 2013)

• Founder / Operator

I respectfully disagree. There is plenty of buzz about SLP now and Cooper is a major star and it has enough press to give it that noteriety. They should have expanded it once before Christmas, a bit more at Christmas and then more this weekend. imo.

Maybe so. I just don't think it would have made a big difference, not enough to bring it up near Juno levels anyway. There's buzz, it has just always been overlooked because of other films in the market. I have no doubt it will continue finding an audience bit by bit, but it was the wrong year for this movie IMO. Had this come out in November 2011, it would probably have done a lot more I think.

NFL, It's the biggest and the baddest sport in the USA. Here's wiki page for it.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFLSB gets over 100M rating in USA. Playoffs are starting this weekend including my beloved Texans facing the Bengals in 4.5 hours. Hopefully, we don't choke today like we've the last month of the season.

Bengals have a mediocre offensive line- Watt is gonna crush Dalton. And the Texans o-line is good enough to stop the strength of the Bengals pass rush. I feel your pain though- going in Lambeau against a pissed off Rodgers is gonna be rough for us Vikes.

Maybe so. I just don't think it would have made a big difference, not enough to bring it up near Juno levels anyway. There's buzz, it has just always been overlooked because of other films in the market. I have no doubt it will continue finding an audience bit by bit, but it was the wrong year for this movie IMO. Had this come out in November 2011, it would probably have done a lot more I think.

Interesting way to look at it. I still disagree. :)

Bengals have a mediocre offensive line- Watt is gonna crush Dalton. And the Texans o-line is good enough to stop the strength of the Bengals pass rush. I feel your pain though- going in Lambeau against a pissed off Rodgers is gonna be rough for us Vikes.

I hope the Vikings crush Rogers. I don't like the Pack.....not even sure why....just don't.

Not to hijack this thread but the NFL is insanely popular for one reason, and that is gambling. Without gambling, you have MLB.

True but 1 game a week makes it easier to follow compared to MLB, NBA and NHL(Morons still don't have deal).

Not to hijack this thread but the NFL is insanely popular for one reason, and that is gambling. Without gambling, you have MLB.

That's part of it, but it's really hard to lure kids of this generation to baseball because it is quite frankly a boring sport that takes too long. The NBA and NFL are much more fun to watch. Fantasy football is also an incredible factor.

Not everyone pays attention to US sports. :)

I don't pay attention to US sports, I don't know a lot about it, and I just don't care about soccer...But the Super Bowl is very famous given around 1 billion people watches it each year, and it's a very important moment for firms and advertisers.I tried to watch the Super Bowl 3 years ago, but I didn't understand the game, it's really complicated. I know about the touchdown, the yard, quaterback, running-back...But I didn't understand, I tried lol :P

True but 1 game a week makes it easier to follow compared to MLB, NBA and NHL(Morons still don't have deal).

Please don't bring up the NHL. I was born with a hockey stick in my rear end and I will not watch a game this year (if they come back). I will eventually come back but I'm tired of these millionaires and billionaires crying over who has to pay for the wine at dinner. They can all go beep themselves right now.Rant over, back to box office.

That's part of it, but it's really hard to lure kids of this generation to baseball because it is quite frankly a boring sport that takes too long. The NBA and NFL are much more fun to watch. Fantasy football is also an incredible factor.

Fantasy football is part of the gambling angle.

I couldnt give less of a shit about sports. Movies are far more cool

I don't think they're mutually exclusive- I love both equally. My two favorite pastimes. I go on here, then I go on ESPN, and vice versa.
  • Like 1

Did you watch Texans play the last month especially the last 2 games. They couldn't block Colts or the Vikes and Bengals have a better D-line so I'm afraid very afraid actually. Geno Atkins is going to have a field day against our O-line. That's what happens, when your team chokes the home field away and you end up playing on Wild-card weekend. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
  • Like 1

I don't pay attention to US sports, I don't know a lot about it, and I just don't care about soccer...But the Super Bowl is very famous given around 1 billion people watches it each year, and it's a very important moment for firms and advertisers.I tried to watch the Super Bowl 3 years ago, but I didn't understand the game, it's really complicated. I know about the touchdown, the yard, quaterback, running-back...But I didn't understand, I tried lol :P

It's funny, American (and Canadian) football is very simple in theory. Get to the other end of the field and spike the ball. That's it. You have four chances every ten yards to get another opportunity to have four more chances every ten yards to keep moving the ball. The defense tries to take the ball away from you. That's really about it. All of the penalties and such can be confusing, but any sport can be confusing if you get into the minutia of it.