Ezen Baklattan

CAYOM VI - Discussion Thread

I am dumping it. I was looking online and I guess Muslims get very offended when pictures/actors of Muhammad are shown. The film would be boycotts and the studio directors would be running for their lives.

Actually, it's a pretty good idea. Controversy is what drives people to the movies. Fahrenheit 9/11 was the highest grossing documentary ever because of its controversy surrounding the Iraq War and George W. Bush.Also, The Da Vinci Code made over $217.5 million (despite being an adult drama) because of the backlash from Christians.So a controversial biopic of Muhammed could be huge.EDIT: They make an average of $61.4 million per movie. Edited by Alpha

Actually, it's a pretty good idea. Controversy is what drives people to the movies. Fahrenheit 9/11 was the highest grossing documentary ever because of its controversy surrounding the Iraq War and George W. Bush.Also, The Da Vinci Code made over $217.5 million (despite being an adult drama) because of the backlash from Christians.So a controversial biopic of Muhammed could be huge.

I'm bored so I think I will do it.

It's not like there hasn't been a Muhammad movie before so it shouldn't really be "controversial" unless the actual material is controversial (like depicting him as a fraud, or as a violent, sexist murderer, etc).http://www.imdb.com/...4896/?ref_=sr_4

Edited by 4815162342

I will be putting out Sir Thymes Time tonight or tomorrow. I need a new date for it though, don't want to open it up against one of Creator's blockbusters....Also, debating between Rich Moore or Craig McCracken as director, maybe even Jay Stephens. It's a CGI adventure/comedy about a song character named Sir Thymes who goes on a journey from his jukebox home to the radio station to find out who was his artist. It will feature real song characters such as American Pie, Hound Dog, Yakkity Yak, Jesse's Girl, Sgt. Pepper, Mrs. Robinson, and more!

I will be putting out Sir Thymes Time tonight or tomorrow. I need a new date for it though, don't want to open it up against one of Creator's blockbusters....Also, debating between Rich Moore or Craig McCracken as director, maybe even Jay Stephens. It's a CGI adventure/comedy about a song character named Sir Thymes who goes on a journey from his jukebox home to the radio station to find out who was his artist. It will feature real song characters such as American Pie, Hound Dog, Yakkity Yak, Jesse's Girl, Sgt. Pepper, Mrs. Robinson, and more!

Pretty sure it's safe where it is since 451 isn't the type of movie that would open too high.

Sir Thymes Time is up. Sorry for using Lord/Miller for the second year in a row, but my two original choices were either used for TWO films last year (Rich Moore) or are being used this year (Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois). Should be a good contender for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Song.Question though for the FYC: would it be considered an original or adapted screenplay? It has pre-existing characters, but it has quite a bit of creativity in it, if I do say so myself.

Sir Thymes Time is up. Sorry for using Lord/Miller for the second year in a row, but my two original choices were either used for TWO films last year (Rich Moore) or are being used this year (Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois). Should be a good contender for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Song.Question though for the FYC: would it be considered an original or adapted screenplay? It has pre-existing characters, but it has quite a bit of creativity in it, if I do say so myself.

Anything based on pre-existing fictional characters and material is adapted when those characters and material forms the basis of the movie. Edited by 4815162342

I know. But Presidents Day can handle it, just see the same weekend in reality 3 years ago. And there are no big openers in the three weekends before it. It will be a dead market when the 4 movies enter theaters.

Edited by CJohn

Could I take PTA? And Careful Laid Plans will be up tonight. I plan on spending tonight writing. It's currently 4500 words long; probably will end up being about 10000. I'm just shy of halfway through, about to kill a important character off. 

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

And when I get Careful Laid Plans up I'll need some help finding a director. I've been considering PTA, Scorsese, Almadovar, Mann, Innaritu, Cuaron, and The Coens. I do realise not all of these are available. It was originally gonna be a Daldry film, but it's gone through developmental hell and has morphed through various different stages. It feels almost like an informal follow-up in the same vein as Empty Hearth. 

Edited by riczhang