CoolioD1

BAFTA nominations

I like a lot of their nominations. I think I'm the only one in the world besides them who thought Affleck was outstanding in Argo as well. And they have QT nominated for best director. Very nice.

Well, I thought he was brilliant. The character he played cared for his child, but then he had the alcoholic, threatening tendencies. He wasn't a good father, but not a bad man.He felt very real to me, kinda like the dad Brad Pitt played in The Tree of Life. Powerful performance from a first time actor.

Those two characters were incredibly different. Brad Pitt's character was disillusioned and cynical about the way the world worked. Dwight Henry's character was just plain delusional.

I think the supporting actress Oscar noms will match these. Maybe sub Kidman for dench. Wtf was BAFTA thinking for actor?? Nice to finally see anna karenina recognized for its cinematography and score. And hooper might just miss his BD nom after all. I thought for sure BAFTA would give him one an seal the deal.

Re: actor, I think that final spot may go for trintignant after all. It's just been up in the air and the academy loves an almost out of nowhere foreign nom (see bachir in ABL and Bardem in Beautiful). This supporting actor category is so up in the air, but Arkin is definitely stealing dicaprio's deserved slot :sick:

Affleck getting a nom shows the love BAFTA has for Argo.I don't think he deserves it, it was a good performance but it didn't rise above the ensemble. Same with pretty much everyone in the film. No "great" performance, but the collective made the ensemble great.

Someone should tell her that BAFTA voting system changed to exactly the same way Oscars do it this year. Watch out Spielberg. :DBtw, I just saw her final predicts? How does she do this for a living? Ann Dowd and Dwight Henry are gonna get in? Bradley Cooper is gonna get snubbed? Mmhmm. :rolleyes: