CoolioD1

BAFTA nominations

I sorta love the way BAFTA treats Tom Hooper, especially in comparison to DGA/Oscars. 2 years ago they awarded TKS best picture, but picked Fincher as best director. This time out they nominated Les Mis, but Hooper himself didn't even get a nom. Compare that to the blowjob he's been receiving in Hollywood.I'm at the point now when I want to look everyone nominating Arkin in the eyes and ask what the fuck they think they are doing. It's ridiculous. And frankly, after seeing Lincoln, I've no idea why TLJ is in this whole conversation, either. It's Tommy Lee Jones playing Tommy Lee Jones wearing a wig and insulting all the other characters. The best male supporting player in the movie is easily James Spader, and even he doesn't really do anything worthy of awards.

• Like 1

I sorta love the way BAFTA treats Tom Hooper, especially in comparison to DGA/Oscars. 2 years ago they awarded TKS best picture, but picked Fincher as best director. This time out they nominated Les Mis, but Hooper himself didn't even get a nom. Compare that to the blowjob he's been receiving in Hollywood.I'm at the point now when I want to look everyone nominating Arkin in the eyes and ask what the fuck they think they are doing. It's ridiculous. And frankly, after seeing Lincoln, I've no idea why TLJ is in this whole conversation, either. It's Tommy Lee Jones playing Tommy Lee Jones wearing a wig and insulting all the other characters. The best male supporting player in the movie is easily James Spader, and even he doesn't really do anything worthy of awards.

Brian Cranston was better in Argo than Alan Arkin.

Big boost for Argo. Huge. BP,BD,BA?????, BSA.Death knell to Leo`s nomination - Bardem is obviously the villain spot of preference and Waltz didn`t play a villain so he`s DU guy to go with. Also, it looks like some people would rather award anyone again than give Leo his first. BSA is now definitely looking like there will be 5 previously awarded actors. Hopefully Bardem croaks. At this point I don`t even mind Arkin win as long as it isn`t Bardem.

I remember that they gave a best lead actor nomination for Andy Serkis in Sex& Drugs &Rock & Roll, and that was like the only nomination he ever got for that role

That's probably because nobody outside of the UK (and not many people inside it either) saw that movie.BTW I just noticed the director of The Muppets was nominated in the Best British Debut category...

Uh uh. Most overrated part of Beasts. Drunken stumbling and growling doesn't make "acting" good..

Well, I thought he was brilliant. The character he played cared for his child, but then he had the alcoholic, threatening tendencies. He wasn't a good father, but not a bad man.He felt very real to me, kinda like the dad Brad Pitt played in The Tree of Life. Powerful performance from a first time actor.