Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

LOL

It's hilarious how quickly the Internet has turned on Anne Hathway. 6 months ago they were bowing before her as Catwoman and now they're mocking her for what really is one of the film's best performances.

And they don't even realise that all this Hatha-hate's only making the industry embrace her even more. :D There's 2 things that Hollywood hates: Critics because they trash most of their films and think they can do so much better, and Armchair Internet Pundits because they trash most of their films and think they can do so much better. Pushing one way will only result into the industry pushing back the opposite way. 

It is a funny clip. Anne had an incredible year, she became a proper A-lister, gave two incredible performances and winning very single award deservedly so. I'm happy for her. I personally would have liked her to win for Rachel Getting Married. She got plenty of stick when she was cast as Catwoman but proved the doubters wrong.

Anyone see this? :rofl:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y4yxsRRnvkE

:worthy::rofl::bravo:

Oh god, THIS IS BRILLIANT!

This comedian Emma Fitzpatrick deserves an award, she's talented. (And she's really hot!)

(And Michelle Pfeiffer is still the best Catwoman's cinematographic incarnation, suck it Anne).

Edited by dashrendar44

The hate is not about her performance. Obviously she gave the best performance of the film. The hate is about how she acts on the red carpets/when winning/fake crying during everything she does. LET THE PERFORMANCE SPEAK FOR ITSELF.

• Like 1

The hate is not about her performance. Obviously she gave the best performance of the film. The hate is about how she acts on the red carpets/when winning/fake crying during everything she does. LET THE PERFORMANCE SPEAK FOR ITSELF.

THIS.

Tone down the campaign/contrived antics and everything will be fine for everybody. I mean have you seen the glance some of her co-stars give to her when she enters in "Anne-oying" mode? Feels like they're embarassed, that's priceless. (And Jackman's partner turning her back on her during her GG's speech, LMAO)

Edited by dashrendar44

My hatred is not baseless though.

Rooted in jealousy perhaps then. 

You realise all this bitching on the internet only serves to lock up Hathaway's Oscar even moreso than before?

Rooted in jealousy perhaps then.

No, I'm not jealous of "try-hards". I respect great actresses like Meryl Streep and the likes that I'd never talk bad about them. Regarding young actresses, I respect more Jennifer Lawrence's down to earth and more natural demeanor that some fakey cringe self-pitiful speeches like she's a giggly teenager that won popularity prize of her high school all against the odds (even if she's clearly the favorite) every single time she won an acting award, even though she's thirty. We got it now and it's getting tiresome.

Edited by dashrendar44

No, I'm not jealous of "try-hards". i respect great actresses like Meryl Streep and the likes. Regarding young actresses, I respect more Jennifer Lawrence's down to earth and more natural demeanor that some fakey cringe self-pityful speeches like she's a giggly teenager that won popularity prize of her high school evry single time she won an acting award. We got it and it's getting tiresome.

Other than the fact that awards are High School Popularity Contests, Anne's not done anything to classify her as a "try-hard". She's turned her usual self up a few notches, but it's nothing that no other actress hasn't done. Lawrence's turned up her crazy to a max, Chastain's turned herself up to a max, Spencer, Davis, Winslut, and etc. It's entirely absurd to be hating on one person when everyone does it.