Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

I never said "easy". All I said was I was not surprised. There is a difference. Affleck and Bigelow both made "Oscar bait" films. They got some nominations, obviously not all. SLP is also an "Oscar bait" film in my eyes.The fact that some Oscar bait films got nominated and others did not is only natural; only a limited amount of nominations to go by. Now yes that may mean surprises for some categories, but I don't follow Oscar bait films to such a high extent to care all that much.Again, I'm not surprised because almost all the nominations in every category are "Oscar bait" type films, ESPECIALLY Lincoln.

Lincoln is the most Oscar baitiest film of Oscar bait films in a long time. No denying that. I will say that SLP is slight Oscar bait. It is being released by the Weinsteins, but if this got a summer release, no on would call it Oscar bait.

A lot earlier in the thread someone posted that the film with noms in every major category wins BP less than 50% of the time.

For example, here are all the films that got nominated in the BIG FIVE (BP, BD, Lead Acting, and Screenplay):It Happened One NightOne Flew Over the Cuckoo's NestThe Silence of the LambsGone with the WindMrs. MiniverAnnie HallAmerican BeautyFrom Here to EternityThe ApartmentNetworkComing HomeOn Golden PondMillion Dollar BabyCimarronThe Philadelphia StoryGentleman's AgreementA Place in the SunThe Country GirlRoom at the TopGuess Who's Coming to DinnerThe Lion in WinterRockyThe English PatientA Star is BornGoodbye Mr. ChipsRebeccaJohnny BelindaSunset BoulevardA Streetcar Named DesireWho's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?The GraduateChinatownRedsCat on a Hot Tin RoofThe HustlerBonnie and ClydeLove StoryLennyAtlantic CityThe Remains of the DaySilver Linings Playbook41 films have done that feat. 15 ended up winning Best Picture, slightly over 1/3.
  • Like 1

Best Visual Effects for Snow White instead of TDKR? Anyone who thinks TDKR was flawed should still see this as a ripoff.

Visual Effects for TDKR :rofl:Like the scene when the football stadium collapses? Sure.....

Did TDKR really have any great fx?

Sounds like you don't know how visual effects are supposed to be like. The best visual effects are the ones you don't notice. There's a saying in the effects industry, that when you can't even tell what is a visual effect and what is real, then they visual effects team did a good job.TDKR had plenty of visual effects, but they don't look like effects. That is the point. The exact same thing was true of TDK, plenty of effects, but most people didn't even notice what scenes had effects.

I can't believe Beasts gets all this love, yet they didn't nominate the terrific score. Weird.

They had to nominate Lincoln's bland score because it was Williams. Also, Argo. I enjoyed desplat's ZDT score more. At least they nominated anna karenina.