Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

With great Oscar nominations haul, SLP nationwide expansion is coming very soon. It may have a shot with $100 million now

Harvey better get it out next weekend...he has to go wide. I know next weekend is kind of crowded but he has to get it out as quickly as possible.

Yea, how did Beasts get nominated for the two major awards and get left off in the category that even people like me who haven't seen it know was universally incredible?Lincoln is a lock to win, just like Benjamin Button.... oh wait. If Affleck had been nominated, Argo would still be the favorite. Because he wasn't, Lincoln still is, but Pi, SLP, Amour, and Argo still have solid shots. Lincoln is a great movie, but not a lock for anything.

• Like 1

Lincoln buzz has passed.All children have seen the movie during the Holiday season as homework.People REALLY intrested by the movie are too old to get into a theater.

:rofl: :rofl:Nice. We need comedic interlude in between discussion. Lincoln will win big. :)

It's coming next week. ;)

With JLaw's SNL hosting on the way as well and possible Golden Globes win, SLP is in for a good box office run. People who were complaining why SLP didn't get a wide release from the get-go will likely realize it was a wise decision from Weinstein since he let Les Mis and Django pass (and to some degree Zero Dark Thirty). Hate him or love him we can't deny how good he is as a strategist Edited by forg
  • Like 1

With JLaw's SNL hosting on the way as well and possible Golden Globes win, SNL is in for a good box office run. People who were complaining why SLP didn't get a wide release from the get-go will likely realize it was a wise decision from Weinstein since he let Les Mis and Django pass (and to some degree Zero Dark Thirty). Hate him or love him we can't deny how good he is as a strategist

Yea, I've been critical of the decision in the past, but the Oscar nominations make it easier to sell, WOM is out there to build buzz, and it will provide excellent counterprogramming to the action and horror doldrums of January. It turned out to actually be a wise choice.

Lincoln is a lock to win, just like Benjamin Button.... oh wait. If Affleck had been nominated, Argo would still be the favorite. Because he wasn't, Lincoln still is, but Pi, SLP, Amour, and Argo still have solid shots. Lincoln is a great movie, but not a lock for anything.

Benjamin Button had the most nominations, Slumdog had the second most. The films with the most or 2nd-most nominations win well over 90% of the time. So no, Lincoln is not locked. But its status as the frontrunner has not been affected, only that the films trying to pull even have shifted from Argo/ZD30/Les Mis to Life of Pi and SLP.

Benjamin Button had the most nominations, Slumdog had the second most. The films with the most or 2nd-most nominations win well over 90% of the time. So no, Lincoln is not locked. But its status as the frontrunner has not been affected, only that the films trying to pull even have shifted from Argo/ZD30/Les Mis to Life of Pi and SLP.

Did you not like SLP? You seem to have something against it.

I've literally just seen the full list of nominations - my analysis:

Posted Image

WHAT THE FUCKING SHITHEAD FUCK? HOW DOES FLIGHT GET IN FOR SCREENPLAY OVER THE MASTER??? THAT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE!!!! ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!

That being said I mostly quite like these nominations....

• Like 5