filmnerdjamie

Tuesday Numbers (01/08)

Who gives a crap about the numbers, TOMORROW WE'LL KNOW WHO'S GETTING NOMINATED

Don't even talk about nominations right now, tey're nervewracking as fuck.I'm already looking forward to next season, I'll be championing one film for everything. Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

I'm not interested in The Hobbit, but noticed this article on Hollywood Reporter states that the first 2 films have cost $500m. (I wonder if that includes marketing?)http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hobbit-how-harvey-weinstein-stands-410016Funny how Harvey and Bob Weinstein will get about $15m for a project they haven't touched in 15 years.

I'm not interested in The Hobbit, but noticed this article on Hollywood Reporter states that the first 2 films have cost $500m. (I wonder if that includes marketing?)http://www.hollywood...n-stands-410016Funny how Harvey and Bob Weinstein will get about $15m for a project they haven't touched in 15 years.

Yes, it is 500M... Without marketing from what I know. Overall budget for all three movie reaches up to around 1b

How does that work, when they said first two is $500m combined, and third was made for "considerably less"?

If the first two cost 250M each, I don't see why the third one would cost less... Until they get rid of a lot of stuff and make it shittier. That's 750M in total for movies and around 250M for marketing all 3.'

I need to see Flight, Silver Linings Playbook, Lincoln, Django Unchained, Zero Dark Thirthy and The Impossible.Argo, Life of Pi and Les Miserables are all great, but I would say Argo is the better one to win Movie/Director (even if I prefered Les Miserables as a movie, Tom Hooper was awful as the director).Sessions, Hitchcock and The Master don't appeal to me. I may end up seeing them later.

At this point I'm rooting for Life of Pi, but havent seen Lincoln, ZDT, Les Miz, Argo or The Master yet

I would love for Lee to win the BD and LOP to win the BP but I seriously doubt it's gonna happen. I do expect it to get 9-10 nominations tomorrow, which should give it a boost and push it past 100M DOM.

If the first two cost 250M each, I don't see why the third one would cost less... Until they get rid of a lot of stuff and make it shittier. That's 750M in total for movies and around 250M for marketing all 3.'

Probably because splitting into 3 movies was decided once the movies had already been shooted. 500 million would be the initial budget for 2 movies (the initial project), and once they decided to make a third one they would need an extra for the third movie post-production and maybe some extra shooting.

Probably because splitting into 3 movies was decided once the movies had already been shooted. 500 million would be the initial budget for 2 movies (the initial project), and once they decided to make a third one they would need an extra for the third movie post-production and maybe some extra shooting.

this, maybe 100-150m budget for the third movie

I just found this

"...Rumors persist that the initial two-part film cost around $500 million to make, while the third part will cost significantly less -- roughly $125 - $150 million -- since much of the technological groundwork has already been laid, according to The Hollywood Reporter. It's a hefty investment for the multiple parities, but one that the execs believe will pay off..."

http://www.hitfix.co...ipt-or-a-budget

Edited by Goffe of Oz