riczhang

70th Golden Globes - Discussion Thread (Winners in 1st Post)

I chuckled when they introduced Jeremy Renner as the star of Hansel and Gretel. They couldn't even mention his other critically acclaimed performances or even Hawkeye or Bourne. Wonder if it was just a cheap plug since it opens this month.

I chuckled when they introduced Jeremy Renner as the star of Hansel and Gretel. They couldn't even mention his other critically acclaimed performances or even Hawkeye or Bourne. Wonder if it was just a cheap plug since it opens this month.

Did they actually? :lol: He's been in so many better films than that POS.

finally watched the globes just now, and on paper i had a hard time understanding jodie speech but seeing it live it was so much better and moving, lots of starlettes teared up...and real actresses tooi'm not sure TLJ was mad , it seemed like he had that face all show long, he's old so i'll excuse him for not being chirpy but i highly doubt he was sour from losing, he's been way too much around the win/lose blockleo looks so young , :wub: they could easily do the remake of titanic with him in the lead role...they could have presented robert pattinson as the star of cosmopolis instead of twilight (i love twilight but come on in front of a crowd of actors but hey they all started somewhere too)/same goes for poor jeremy renner hansel and gretel really pfffi got the arnold and stallone presenting foreign film,it was an intersting pairingmay i just say tina fey and amy poehler were FANTASTIC as hosts and made the whole thing fun , proving you can have fun without making a room cringe from your barbsi now remember that i do like jessica chastain a lot , so hoping her or naomi watts win come oscarsthe best thing about downloading the show was being able to fastforward through most of the speechesone thing very true someone said who was accepting an award i think , can't remember who it was but they said thank you for nominating shows or movies people might not have heard of otherwise or check out!and its true , ive decided to check out hbo series girls because the actress came off very genuine, also kevin costner tv film see what its about (i recently saw the bodyguard on tv, gahh i was in loveeee with that film back in the day)about anne hathaway i like her so i didnt see what bothered other people, and probably wouldnt have tried to if i hadnt read it here and at AD , she's bubbly! but i won't lie and say there aren't actors who in similar manner irk me to no end so its really a question of taste!very happy for hugh jackman ,he's such a fun guy ,good work ethics, had to work hard to get to where he is...very generous with his fans!happy les miserables won, but may i just say as a french , it grated on my nerves the way everyone pronounced victor hugo masterpiece name, as i'm bilingual i don't have an accent when speaking english so i just pronounce it in french and continue my speech in english its mee- zay- râh- bluh (like in duh) ben affleck was genuinely surprise he won , what with oscar noms helping that belief, and of course always a pleasure seeing george clooney do a george clooney charmed his way through anything last but not least many of the dresses i thought were misses from pics on celeb site, weren't that bad in the flesh so to speak , still even so best dress was hands down for me jennifer lopez ,the details was exquisite plus she's still rocking that figure( eat your fingernails anorexics ladies of hollywood)

• Like 1

finally watched the globes just now, and on paper i had a hard time understanding jodie speech but seeing it live it was so much better and moving, lots of starlettes teared up...and real actresses tooi'm not sure TLJ was mad , it seemed like he had that face all show long, he's old so i'll excuse him for not being chirpy but i highly doubt he was sour from losing, he's been way too much around the win/lose blockleo looks so young , :wub: they could easily do the remake of titanic with him in the lead role...they could have presented robert pattinson as the star of cosmopolis instead of twilight (i love twilight but come on in front of a crowd of actors but hey they all started somewhere too)/same goes for poor jeremy renner hansel and gretel really pfffi got the arnold and stallone presenting foreign film,it was an intersting pairingmay i just say tina fey and amy poehler were FANTASTIC as hosts and made the whole thing fun , proving you can have fun without making a room cringe from your barbsi now remember that i do like jessica chastain a lot , so hoping her or naomi watts win come oscarsthe best thing about downloading the show was being able to fastforward through most of the speechesone thing very true someone said who was accepting an award i think , can't remember who it was but they said thank you for nominating shows or movies people might not have heard of otherwise or check out!and its true , ive decided to check out hbo series girls because the actress came off very genuine, also kevin costner tv film see what its about (i recently saw the bodyguard on tv, gahh i was in loveeee with that film back in the day)about anne hathaway i like her so i didnt see what bothered other people, and probably wouldnt have tried to if i hadnt read it here and at AD , she's bubbly! but i won't lie and say there aren't actors who in similar manner irk me to no end so its really a question of taste!very happy for hugh jackman ,he's such a fun guy ,good work ethics, had to work hard to get to where he is...very generous with his fans!happy les miserables won, but may i just say as a french , it grated on my nerves the way everyone pronounced victor hugo masterpiece name, as i'm bilingual i don't have an accent when speaking english so i just pronounce it in french and continue my speech in english its mee- zay- râh- bluh (like in duh)ben affleck was genuinely surprise he won , what with oscar noms helping that belief, and of course always a pleasure seeing george clooney do a george clooney charmed his way through anythinglast but not least many of the dresses i thought were misses from pics on celeb site, weren't that bad in the flesh so to speak , still even so best dress was hands down for me jennifer lopez ,the details was exquisite plus she's still rocking that figure( eat your fingernails anorexics ladies of hollywood)

Good write up! I agree on J-Lo. But I also liked Jessica Chastain's look. She looked like old Hollywood glamour.
  • Like 1

I have always liked Hathaway but she has been clocking 10/10 on my Annoyancemeter recently. She needs to chill. Natalie Portman was in a similar situation a couple of years ago and she really handled it well.

i probably don't feel the same because i haven't had cable in yrs so i don't see the media blitz actors go through during awards season, i haven't seen any interviews with her , i'd have to go out of my way to do so ,and she's not on my short list of actors i stalk virtually or look up regularly, last time i saw her was in "TDKR" and before that when she hosted the oscars ? heck i didnt even know she was married until recently ...so yeah in her case i know the actress more than the person and anyway she hit the jackpot in my goodwill with her role as princess mia in princess diaries i watched those films a lot and she's done nothing since to change that opinion !

i probably don't feel the same because i haven't had cable in yrs so i don't see the media blitz actors go through during awards season, i haven't seen any interviews with her , i'd have to go out of my way to do so ,and she's not on my short list of actors i stalk virtually or look up regularly, last time i saw her was in "TDKR" and before that when she hosted the oscars ? heck i didnt even know she was married until recently ...so yeah in her case i know the actress more than the person and anyway she hit the jackpot in my goodwill with her role as princess mia in princess diaries i watched those films a lot and she's done nothing since to change that opinion !

She is a very good actress and she deserved to win an Oscar for "Rachel getting Married" a few years ago but she is annoying me with her over-the-top underdog act.
  • Like 1

That's why her "Insecure underdog" act is getting annoying by now. She's been on my Most annoying actresses top ten list since that terrible Oscar hosting. Everything I've seen from her, what stroke me the most is how hard she's trying. Everything she does while acting, mannerisms, gestures, never come off as natural and genuine. I'm just seeing Anne Hathaway goofily pretend she's whatever she's trying to be. I can't take her seriously.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

That's why her "Insecure underdog" act is getting annoying by now. She's been on my Most annoying actresses top ten list since that terrible Oscar hosting. Everything I've seen from her, what stroke me the most is how hard she's trying. Everything she does while acting, mannerisms, gestures, never come off as natural and genuine. I'm just seeing Anne Hathaway goofily pretend she's whatever she's trying to be. I can't take her seriously.

TOTALLY agree with this!