riczhang

70th Golden Globes - Discussion Thread (Winners in 1st Post)

The early Oscar schedule is a good twist this year ;)

And it shows that the Academy is a breath of fresh air compared with the guilds which are just dull and boring. They should do it every year. I kinda want SAG to move nominations until after Academy ballots have closed.
  • Like 1

LOL, "no chance" for Spielberg? He's still the frontrunner. Loser Oscar copycats in the HFPA don't have any impact on the race.

Spielberg may be a frontrunner but obviously a very unsafe one since his team had to get Clinton to present Lincoln. Their campaign has been seriously desperate from the start - that Mother Theresa trailer, DDL`s Time cover, showing the movies to school kids and studfents and now Clinton. i`m sure there were more acts of desperation.
  • Like 2

Spielberg may be a frontrunner but obviously a very unsafe one since his team had to get Clinton to present Lincoln. Their campaign has been seriously desperate from the start - that Mother Theresa trailer, DDL`s Time cover, showing the movies to school kids and studfents and now Clinton. i`m sure there were more acts of desperation.

And that Sally Field speech when she was accepting some award at some festival. Apparently it was really beggarish.

The only film that wasn't nominated for Best Director and won Best Picture EVER was Driving Miss Daisy.The only film that lost Best Musical/Comedy at the Globes and won Best Picture was Annie Hall.The math shows that Lincoln is winning, so why hasn't it won anything yet?

Because as the critic precursors showed, they all went with Argo and ZD30. Lincoln is more of an industry film.

The thing about the nominees this year is that all of them apparently 'can't win' for certain reasons. Lincoln lost BFCA and GG, so I guess it's 'out.' Argo and ZDT couldn't get director spots; they're 'out.' Les Miz is out for sure, having failed to get any of the three nominations that accompany BP wins (Director, Screenplay, Editing). Life of Pi has been 'out' since it wasn't nominated for SAG. And now SLP is out, since it couldn't get Best Pic - Comedy/Musical.I can only conclude that no film will be winning Best Picture this year.

• Like 5

150 million dollars and 12 Oscar nominations = not desperate if it works.

The thing about the nominees this year is that all of them apparently 'can't win' for certain reasons. Lincoln lost BFCA and GG, so I guess it's 'out.' Argo and ZDT couldn't get director spots; they're 'out.' Les Miz is out for sure, having failed to get any of the three nominations that accompany BP wins (Director, Screenplay, Editing). Life of Pi has been 'out' since it wasn't nominated for SAG. And now SLP is out, since it couldn't get Best Pic - Comedy/Musical.I can only conclude that no film will be winning Best Picture this year.

By that logic only Amour is left standing. Prepare yourself riczhang.
  • Like 1

LoP isn`t a SAG movie. It wasn`t snubbed. It simply isn`t an Ensamble flick. Nobody expected it to get in.

Because as the critic precursors showed, they all went with Argo and ZD30. Lincoln is more of an industry film.

That's a good point. Hollywood hates critics so it's not surprising that there some backlash.

not just GG spielberg doesnt nominate for BAFTA !!btw i want lincoln to win but it will be very hard if spielberg doesnt win BD

Lincoln is a very American film, so a muted reception at the BAFTA was expected. Plus, Lincoln got BP at the BAFTAs so they evidently liked it a fair bit. Director there's between Haneke and Lee though. Affleck has an outside shot at best.

:rofl:LMFAOI can't believe I already forgot the Mother Theresa trailer. Jesus Christ.
  • Like 1