CJohn

Ben-Hur | 8/19/16 | 7 minutes of Jack Reacher will play before the movie

This is about right for Cavill really.

It is probably right for both since Hiddleston isn't getting much to do either, but this is a huge bomb waiting to happen. 

They need to get Hunnam in this. I am shocked he wasn't talked for this movie :lol: He seems to be in talks for everything in these days. 

Edited by CJohn

Justin Kroll @krolljvar  ·  2hJust to be very clear, Hiddleston passed on the part three months ago, he will not be BEN-HUR

Makes sense. Hiddleston isn't doing much but he doesn't seem to be the type of guy that would accept to star in a clear turd that will tank at the box office.

I don't think Cavill will accept either. I bet they will end with an unknown. 

Yikes.

The problem with making Epics these days is that they are not as grand even with all that CGI.

If you watch Gladiator it mixes the real and CGI well, while many similar films are all CGI.

Which film looks better today?

Reality is making a proper Ben Hur film is cost prohibitive, likely run over 300 million and be a huge production. 

Then the issue is that either it would bomb at the box office or have an all time run.