MovieGuyKyle17

4 Day Weekend Box Office Perdictions: Mama (30.5m); Broken City (9.7m); Last Stand (6.6m) Nikki

Arnie`s problem isn`t age because age certainly doesn`t hurt Liam Neeson. It`s that his movie looked like a parody of 80s cheese. Only Expendables get away with it because the cast is an attraction. But one actor clearly can`t pull it off. He needs different type of actioner but question is whether he is the type for the different type? He`s mostly seen as a joke rather than an actor who could fit in post-TDK action world.

how can anyone think Arnold was still a draw?

Truth is that nobody knew. His last big movie was T3 which came out in 2003. The important thing is that The Last Stand underperformed the already low expectations.

I have never read deadline. I check out boxofficemojo.

Nobody really reads Deadline. They get the early numbers from there and post them here along with Nikke's antics. You can't tell me you haven't seen the box office articles posted here before.

Fun fact: this is the 2nd time that Chastain has 2 films in 1st and 2nd place.First was The Help/Debt in 2011.http://boxofficemojo...&wknd=35&p=.htm

Chastain is Chastaining again! So much for "there are no actor draws anymore." Here`s a motherfucker who won 2 weeeknds with one-two punch. Edited by fishnets

I think it's too soon to proclaim that Arnold isn't a draw anymore...I mean, didn't Brad Pitt's recent movie "Playing for Keeps" gross 14.9 million total just a few weeks ago? Does it mean that it's over for him? No. Sometimes movies just don't connect with an audience. And even this weekend, "Broken City" which has the lately resurgent Mark Whalberg, as well as Russel Crowe and Catherine Zeta Jones opened to 3 million on friday, which is not dramatically better especially considering that there are several familiar faces in that one. The point is, not every movie is ment to be a big hit, so I think some of you should not be too hard on Arnie. Personally I think he looks too old to keep doing these types of action movies, but I'm sure he'll land another (or a few) hit(s) before his career is over... There's also the factor of when is a movie released. Take a look at the recent Barbra Streisand & Seth Rogen film "The Guilt Trip"... It debut with a mesely 5.2 million weekend but because it was released in late december it managed to pass 35 million simply because it was the holidays. Unfortunately "The Last Stand" will be lucky to gross half as much by the end of its run simply because it's released in a much weaker month...

Chastain is Chastaining again! So much for "there are no actor draws anymore." Here`s a motherfucker who won 2 weeeknds with one-two punch.

Both movies would've made identical amount with or without Chastain. They didn't even highlight Chastain in ZDT during most of the promo campaign and January horror movies regularly post these type of numbers.
  • Like 1