BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

comScore says TLK's OW is €6.3m, €300k better than initially announced. And I guess that with definitive data (we will know it on Wednesday) it could still go a bit higher, maybe close to €6.5m. With €1.5m from Thursday, that would mean €8m for the 4-day period.

IMO, €30m and to be the biggest film of the year, over Endgame, is in play.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Pre-sales for tomorrow at my cinema with 7 new releases (pretty small releases):

303 (3 shows): 0 tickets sold. Out of Top 10

Booksmart (5 shows): 0 tickets sold. I don't see this doing a lot to be honest. 100k

Cold Pursuit (6 shows): 0 tickets sold. The Commuter did 437K last year but Cold Pursuit did worse in every aspect so 350K. This is the biggest release of the weekend with Midsommar.

MIDSOMMAR (7 shows): 4 tickets sold. Hereditary did 275K last year but Midsommar did worse in every country as of now so 250K. I hope it overperforms because the film is amazing.

Premières vacances (3 shows): 0 tickets sold. Low top 10 or out of Top 10

Qui m'aime me suive! (2 shows): 0 tickets sold. Out of Top 10

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ScareLol said:

According to Deadline, The Lion King drops a small 27% on its second weekend with $4.6M for the best second weekend of the entire year. Another monster hit for Disney

Just to point that I think that the 4.6m figure would be in euros, not in dollars.

Pre-sales for tomorrow (Thursday release again) for 4 new films:

Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw (10 shows): 41 tickets sold. John Wick did 668K with 48 tickets sold but F&F has a bigger fanbase and more walk-ups. Last entry of Fast & Furious did 4.06M OW (3-day) but considering H&S is a spin-off, I see F&F doing €2.05M (3-day OW) and €2.60M (4-day OW)

Padre No Hay Mas Que Uno (6 shows): 8 tickets sold. Spanish comedy from Santiago Segura that's being heavily pushed on TV and street ads. Comparing the film with Lo Dejo Cuando Quiera and Perdiendo El Este, I see the film doing €800K (3-day) and €1M (4-day). Let's wait for tomorrow for a better picture of the film.

Rojo (3 shows): 0 tickets sold. Argentinian small film so dont expect Top 10

Remember Me (4 Shows): 0 tickets sold. Small american film, Out of Top 10

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, ScareLol said:

Pre-sales for tomorrow (Thursday release again) for 4 new films:

Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw (10 shows): 41 tickets sold. John Wick did 668K with 48 tickets sold but F&F has a bigger fanbase and more walk-ups. Last entry of Fast & Furious did 4.06M OW (3-day) but considering H&S is a spin-off, I see F&F doing €2.05M (3-day OW) and €2.60M (4-day OW)

Padre No Hay Mas Que Uno (6 shows): 8 tickets sold. Spanish comedy from Santiago Segura that's being heavily pushed on TV and street ads. Comparing the film with Lo Dejo Cuando Quiera and Perdiendo El Este, I see the film doing €800K (3-day) and €1M (4-day). Let's wait for tomorrow for a better picture of the film.

Rojo (3 shows): 0 tickets sold. Argentinian small film so dont expect Top 10

Remember Me (4 Shows): 0 tickets sold. Small american film, Out of Top 10

At my theater:

Hobbs&Shaw (4 shows)=139 tickets sold. 

Padre No Hay Más Que Uno(4 shows) =32 tickets sold. 

• Like 3

Spain last 2 weekends

July 19th-21st

dwnmNgZ.jpg

July 26th-28th

l7wLjsi.jpg

The Lion King continues making big numbers, as expected. Comparing with other remakes:

2nd weekend

Beauty & the Beast: €4,607,344 (-19%)

Aladdin: €2,930,683 (-38%)

Dumbo: €2,814,754 (-19%)

The Jungle Book: €2,798,835 (-28%)

Cume after 2nd weekend

Beauty & the Beast: €12,598,566

Aladdin: €9,634,253

Dumbo: €7,279,508

The Jungle Book: €7,626,680

Multiplier after 2nd weeknd:

Beauty & the Beast: x2.04

Aladdin: x4.92 (and counting)

Dumbo: x2.45

The Jungle Book: x3.40

None of those films were released in the same season than TLK, but applying those multipliers we have these possible endings for TLK:

BatB: €27.8m

Aladdin: €40.9m

Jungle Book: €34.0m

Dumbo: €29.7m

I think the Jungle Book's case could be attainable. 33-34 million. But let's see if the drop of this upcoming weekend is closer to Aladdin (-15%) or to BatB (-50%) to know better.

Toy Story 4 keeps closing the gap with Incredibles 2. Final range: 20.5-21 million euros.

Spider-man could finish with €13m, similar to Captain Marvel.

Aladdin has a chance of reaching €25m. No words.

As a curiosity, there are 6 French films among top 25 in this last weekend. None of them is in top 10, but I still think it is remarkable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Purple Minion said:

Seeing Aladdin so close to Endgame is... weirdly fascinating!

:hahaha:

I would not rule out that Aladdin can finally sell more admissions than Endgame. The gap is lower than 100k... Unless TLK makes something like €50m, Aladdin is undoubtedly the run of the year.

• Like 1

Makes more sense. Furious 8 opened around 5.5M euros, so an OD behind Lion King would have meant either a flat weekend for Simba (not going to happen) or a major drop for H&S from F8, which seemed very strange.