Jack Nevada

66th British Academy Film AWARDS (FULL LIST OF WINNERS IN FIRST POST!!)

Ppl always talk about the last 3rd of SLP like it's so horrible. I'm curious as to how all of you incredible screenwriters would have ended it. I feel that if it ended any differently, the general audience would have been pissed.It seems that only film snobs are pissed that it was so "cliche."

• Like 1

ZDT`s ending was definitely worse with

big motherfucker Maya crying because she has no where to go and no one to travel with her. Osama was her life and now she has no life. Sniff, sniff, boooo-yaaaa.

And I love ZDT but c`mon!

I liked that ending.

• Like 2

Ppl always talk about the last 3rd of SLP like it's so horrible. I'm curious as to how all of you incredible screenwriters would have ended it. I feel that if it ended any differently, the general audience would have been pissed.It seems that only film snobs are pissed that it was so "cliche."

It went from a sharp, incisive dramady to the standard rom-com formula with all the usual 3rd act tropes. I'm not saying I could have ended it better with my own abilities, but that it turned in a direction it didn't need to go to get an ending it didn't quite earn.

• Like 1

It went from a sharp, incisive dramady to the standard rom-com formula with all the usual 3rd act tropes. I'm not saying I could have ended it better with my own abilities, but that it turned in a direction it didn't need to go to get an ending it didn't quite earn.

Exactly. HULK explains it better than I ever could- http://badassdigest.com/2012/12/07/film-crit-hulk-smash-hulk-vs.-silver-linings-playbook-and-cathartic-dishone/

ZDT's ending is the movie. All the anxiety of Maya's search ending in a confusing, scary "now what?" 

That`s why the ending was so bad . They were pumping the whole "she`s a WOMAN! A WOMAN does what men can`t! A WOMAN is the motherfucker who found Bin Laden!" and then pull the rug from under their strong woman`s feet and show that

being a WOMAN who nailed Bin Laden led her nowhere. She has no life. Being such a woman is a dead end. She`s nothing. Has nothing. I hated that. Why is she supposed to end up unhappy? Why can`t she be happy that she achieved something? Why can`t she be the way she is because she loves what she does instead of some shitty sacrificed private life for the greater cause and now it`s biting her in the ass? Fuck that shit. Not everyone wants to have a boyfriend and kids and shit and live their life according to what fuckin kids and hubby demand. Family = overrated.