Jack Nevada

66th British Academy Film AWARDS (FULL LIST OF WINNERS IN FIRST POST!!)

Well some people cant okay im not driving 3 hrs to see amour

But you shouldn't be pissed then if Riva does win. When you see it, you'll understand why the majority of those of us who have , praise her performance as the best of the year.

But you shouldn't be pissed then if Riva does win. When you see it, you'll understand why the majority of those of us who have , praise her performance as the best of the year.

Its like a sporting team ive chosen my side cause i really love her and her performance. If she loses ill vent for 5 mins and respect the outcome.

But besides actors, I think it won nothing.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Jlaw's new pal.

They are pals since FC.

Fact is that the major branches are voting for Riva much more so than they are voting for Lawrence. My theory behind it is that the main branches generally skew older, and they are supposedly more knowledgeable in acting. They're going with Riva. It really comes down to how heavily in favour of Lawrence the tech branches go. 

Where does that fact come from? So far, JLaw won more.

• Like 1

Where does that fact come from? So far, JLaw won more.

Anecdotally. In addition to that, a few Oscarologists are saying similar things. GG goes with Meryl Streep or the hottest star in the room. That's they're style. SAG is very populist, they're voted upon by 150 000 actors and actresses 95% of whom haven't worked in a year or more. They vote for the popular choice. But, then we get to the Academy which is high brow. High, high brow. If the Directors, Writers, Producers, and Actors voted I'd be extremely confident in calling a Riva victory. It wouldn't even be a squeaker. But, sadly (or whatever you may think) the crafts will vote in favour of Lawrence (or even Chastain, who knows. I certainly don't have any anecdotal evidence to go on). How heavily they go in favour of Lawrence will determine the race.  

Why do people keep saying act normal? Maybe she is acting normal for her. I hate when people have expectations on how people should act when going through they're on personal experiences.  Everybody is not the same.

• Like 2

I can't help but wonder how Davis would've done this year. 

Viola Davis would probably win this year, she came very close last year. If only Won't Back Down was a good movie then she would have probably be in contention right now